LX Forums Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
<==XTRP8R===
Joined
·
599 Posts
The evo has about 11.4 lb/hp and the SRT-8 has under 10 lb/hp. Factor in the evo has AWD against the RWD of the SRT-8 and it gets interesting up to about 60 mph, at which time the SRT-8 should begin pulling away quite rapidly.

From a stop it should be close for about 1/8 mile, but if I recall correctly you always want to run rolling from 20km/h or 40km/h and the SRT-8 will have a very distinct advantage. Especially since you like to run 3/8 to 1/2 mile... the SRT-8 should be ahead by 10-13 cars by then.

My guess is that you will eat the Mitsubishi up without much problem however you start the race. Give it a go and let us know how you do!

Hog
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,320 Posts
If you are talking about playing around with one (racing) I think you already know that they weigh nothing compared to our cars...Plus from a dig (dead stop) you will have nothing coming :sad: ...You will be best off from a roll,best place is on the beltway bout 50+mph...Our cars (The Hemi's) open up much better there...If you have any Modifications done to your SRT-8 you should give him a run for his money(depending on the driver)...Awhile back I shock the hell out of this EVo driver on the beltway,we were playing the cat and mouse game (the chase)...I was on his bump the whole stretch of the beltway... We both let off cause the speeds were getting crazy plus traffic.He pulled beside me and gave a thumbs up and I returned with a thumbs up plus the sound of my BOV...As far as looks,the EVo looks Aight they are just too small...


BTW this is why my R/T almost ran him over a couple of times....Read my Sig...
 

·
<==XTRP8R===
Joined
·
599 Posts
SRT8_Q8 said:
I know some one who has a stock 06 evo & he said that he beated an srt8 from a 40kmh roll to 160 by 3 cars !
I bet he's a great fisherman, too!! Probably caught a whale last time out!! :grin:
 

·
LX Padiwan
Joined
·
200 Posts
is the evo, the 1 that has the sonic the hedgehodge, fins on the roof near the back. If so I saw a episode of TOP GEAR where the evo was keeping up with the merci at the trackl. But for everyday driveing the turbo lag will kill ya. Plus the 50 grand plus for the car.
 

·
<==XTRP8R===
Joined
·
599 Posts
Ghostface Mag said:
If you are talking about playing around with one (racing) I think you already know that they weigh nothing compared to our cars...Plus from a dig (dead stop) you will have nothing coming :sad: ...You will be best off from a roll,best place is on the beltway bout 50+mph...Our cars (The Hemi's) open up much better there...If you have any Modifications done to your SRT-8 you should give him a run for his money(depending on the driver)...Awhile back I shock the hell out of this EVo driver on the beltway,we were playing the cat and mouse game (the chase)...I was on his bump the whole stretch of the beltway... We both let off cause the speeds were getting crazy plus traffic.He pulled beside me and gave a thumbs up and I returned with a thumbs up plus the sound of my BOV...As far as looks,the EVo looks Aight they are just too small...

BTW this is why my R/T almost ran him over a couple of times....Read my Sig...
The 2006 evo curb weight is 3285 pounds and the stock horsepower is 286. My SRT curb weight is 4130 pounds and the stock horsepower is 425. Absolute weight doesn't matter. What does matter is the weight to horsepower ratio, which I presented earlier with a significant advantage for the SRT.

Another truth: no car is any faster than it's driver, especially where a 6-speed manual tranny is concerned. Advantage Chrysler again!!

Let the races begin...
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,327 Posts
I just did some internet research on the Evo and the Magnum SRT8. 0-60 for both cars is 5.1 seconds. Quarter mile for the Evo is 13.9 and the MSRT8 is 13.6.

Those times are extremely close. I think it would be a drivers race, reaction time etc.
 

·
J to da Weezy..Baby!!
Joined
·
4,249 Posts
you SRT-8 guys think you are kings...lol

The Mit. evo 8 are some very fast cars. yes they are cheap, but they cost a lil less than the srt-8..why you ask? with the EVo 8 your paying for just paying for brakes, turbo, and rims...the quality of the car itself, is not impressive at all...

And you SRT-8 guys, dont think you are all that just yet, those cars dont have alot of torque alot of things can get them at the point where the turbo doesnt spoll up...so dont try to make it seem so great that you beat one...I beat my friends evo all the time from a roll...and i have a R/t with a couple of mods...

If you want to race a EVO, race one from the line...rolling is for ricers...the evos will kill ALL of us off the line...and if they have done anything...dont even try...

Our cars are great...but they can only go so fast till we get the TWIN Turboz...hopefully...even then if they done anything they will take us...

I really wish our HEMIz had a better compression ratio...and a couple other things...another is not run so HOT...

Jweezy...
 

·
<==XTRP8R===
Joined
·
599 Posts
Jweezy said:
you SRT-8 guys think you are kings...lol

The Mit. evo 8 are some very fast cars. yes they are cheap, but they cost a lil less than the srt-8..why you ask? with the EVo 8 your paying for just paying for brakes, turbo, and rims...the quality of the car itself, is not impressive at all...

And you SRT-8 guys, dont think you are all that just yet, those cars dont have alot of torque alot of things can get them at the point where the turbo doesnt spoll up...so dont try to make it seem so great that you beat one...I beat my friends evo all the time from a roll...and i have a R/t with a couple of mods...

If you want to race a EVO, race one from the line...rolling is for ricers...the evos will kill ALL of us off the line...and if they have done anything...dont even try...

Our cars are great...but they can only go so fast till we get the TWIN Turboz...hopefully...even then if they done anything they will take us...

I really wish our HEMIz had a better compression ratio...and a couple other things...another is not run so HOT...

Jweezy...
Hey, Jweezy!! Why you wavin' red flags about 6.1 in THIS forum? This is SRT-8 territory, and yeah we are kings here!! LOL!!!

Your R/T is just as quick from 0-50 as an SRT, so you should usually beat an evo 8 or evo 9 if the driver isn't really skilled at launch. You will always beat 'em from a roll, too.

Win or lose, though, you will drive away from the race with a lot more car than the evo will ever be, whether it is an 8 or a 9. Word.

Hog
 

·
J to da Weezy..Baby!!
Joined
·
4,249 Posts
Hogward said:
Hey, Jweezy!! Why you wavin' red flags about 6.1 in THIS forum? This is SRT-8 territory, and yeah we are kings here!! LOL!!!

Your R/T is just as quick from 0-50 as an SRT, so you should usually beat an evo 8 or evo 9 if the driver isn't really skilled at launch. You will always beat 'em from a roll, too.

Win or lose, though, you will drive away from the race with a lot more car than the evo will ever be, whether it is an 8 or a 9. Word.

Hog
Sup Hog...

Thanks for not flaming me...i wasnt trying to wave flags...but what you said acutally was a really good response...just didnt want anyone to get embarrased out there, unexpectly...i wanted to let everyone know not to underestimate the EVOs...I wish I had the SRT-8 for the bumper, and the hood...but the trade in value on these cars are not doing so well, plus the charger is my FIRST bought car...why get rid of it...

Personally i dislike the evo...they feel like hard paper, and i dont know one girl that like the look of them...lol...but i cant deny their performance...

but the new Evos, are pushing 4.7 0-60...i WISH i was that fast...and i cant deny tha fact that you 6.1 guys are KINGS in the 6.1 TERRITORY...

Word..HOG...your a cool guy man keep it up..
 

·
<==XTRP8R===
Joined
·
599 Posts
What's embarrassing is losing to a Prius. No embarrassment losing to a evo, but it doesn't happen often with an SRT- (4, 6 , 8, or 10).

With heads and the right cam and gears, your 5.7 will eat evo for breakfast and never belch. MOPAR has some goodies for ya right now that can do the trick. Personally I like the HEAT Performance heads and you can't beat that group buy price they have going now. MOPAR has a custom PCM/TCM coming for the 5.7 that works with their hot cam and that's probably the right way for you to go... if you want to spend some big $$ for the extra punch.

When Morpheus comes out in November you will be able to change gearsets, too. That might not be as soon as it is released, but it's coming.

Stay cool, bro...

Hog
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
26,921 Posts
I'd rather have a Daytona, R/T, SXT than an EVO. It's just too fugly for my liking.
 

·
LX Newbie
Joined
·
55 Posts
Hogward said:
Hey, Jweezy!! Why you wavin' red flags about 6.1 in THIS forum? This is SRT-8 territory, and yeah we are kings here!! LOL!!!

Your R/T is just as quick from 0-50 as an SRT, so you should usually beat an evo 8 or evo 9 if the driver isn't really skilled at launch. You will always beat 'em from a roll, too.

Win or lose, though, you will drive away from the race with a lot more car than the evo will ever be, whether it is an 8 or a 9. Word.

Hog
A stock RT wont hang with an SRT to 50 unless the SRT driver is an idiot
 
1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top