LX Forums Forum banner
241 - 255 of 255 Posts

·
2-Time LX Owner On Sabbatical
5,972 Posts
What is the correct torque sec anyway? I did hand tight then a 1/4 turn. And now I'm due for another change out. I might as well do it right
Use 13 ft-lbs or 156 in-lbs to torque plugs and 105 in-lbs to torque coil bolts.
I use an inch lb wrench. Most ft lb wrenches are not accurate that low. You will be surprised how little torque it takes. I know I was.

Jay

Sent Via Tapatalk. So ignore the wrong Auto-Corrects.

·
Burn some dust here. Eat my rubber!
436 Posts
Thanks for this post. I swapped in some champion 570s today in less than 2 hours thanks to the info here. Being prepared with the wobble extensions made it easy. I pulled out amerilite platinum plugs that the previous owner must have installed. Its good to know I have the OE correct plugs now.

Reactions: trublu mopar

·
IES99
3,557 Posts
I put in a new set of Champions for the third time (now at 104,000 miles). It took me about 1:45. The plugs coming out looked very good with 44,000 miles since the last change at 60K miles.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Any thoughts on iridium plugs?? I always use iridiums when doing a tune up especially with the triton because of the huge pita to replace them and they last and I noticed it runs better. I know the cost vs. copper is huge but if they last 3 times as long isn't that worth it?? So iridiums, yes or no is my question/ I have 44000 on mine and want to change plugs,

·
Registered
39 Posts
OP here helped me a lot, with the correct tools it takes no time and super simple. Wish I was any good with cars, thought it was a misfire and ends up it sounds like an exhaust leak. Good news though, discovered whoever owned this car before me installed not only intake and full catback, but headers as well... Gotta take it to a shop and get everything looked at, thought it was funny I had no check engine light to begin with lol

·
Registered
2 Posts
OP here helped me a lot, with the correct tools it takes no time and super simple. Wish I was any good with cars, thought it was a misfire and ends up it sounds like an exhaust leak. Good news though, discovered whoever owned this car before me installed not only intake and full catback, but headers as well... Gotta take it to a shop and get everything looked at, thought it was funny I had no check engine light to begin with lol
With the correct parts, you shouldn't get a check engine light. Unless it had no vacuum attachment fot the cold tube. Or decatted.
Good find. Dude kept his SLP exhaust and had some fun wire changes I had to revert back.

241 - 255 of 255 Posts