LX Forums Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
LX Newbie
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the shop. I'd like to use the language I did when I got home, but I won't here.

After this thread - http://www.lxforums.com/board/showthread.php?t=36711
my maggie is still in. 15 days.
The pull everything off the get to the lifters, and lo and behold, two of the lifters' rollers are scored AS IS THE CAM. So the serivce manager has had to engineering YET again to see if they want to swap the cam or the engine.
If its an engine, they can keep the effing car. When they swapped them for writpins, the cars were sold at auction with full disclosure. I do not want a new engine, thereby giving me a non-numbers matching car.

I cannot explain my displeasure with this car. I do not even know if I want it back. And what kills me is what I would replace it with would have been another DCX car - which if this goes sour, I couldn't do. Hell, I was going to order a Cali diesel, too, to replace my Beetle. Not now.

And to top it all off, the DCX customer line (I wanted to vent to someone from Chrysler. So help whoever I get on the phone tommorrow) has no one there, though it says its available from 8-5, all time zones.Which, in my book, is until 8 o'clock EST.

4 more days till I can legally Lemon Law the car in NJ.

Sorry, just had to vent.

·
Betrayer of Mjolnir
3,111 Posts
I can certainly understand your frustration but, given that every single make and model of car has its share of "lemons", I think your anger at DCX might be misplaced. If some microscopic flaw in a part caused all the engine problems, that's not the fault of DCX. From what I've read, it looks like they are at least trying to do the right thing by you. If I don't have the full picture, please let me know.

In any event, since this is certainly not a prevalent problem with the SRTs (nor with DCX cars, in general), your odds of getting another lemon by going with a DCX replacement are about the same as switching to someone else. So, if the DCX folks are trying to make things right, why NOT get another SRT?

·
1320in12
171 Posts
I broke a valve spring in my mag srt and they replaced the whole engine and cylinder head now it's even faster as far as numbers matching it's still a factory mopar engine who cares

·
Premium Member
814 Posts
Yea numbers matching is fine for a rare antique car. But on anything made since 1972 or so nobody cares. In fact I haven't ever noticed where the VIN is even machined on the HEMI motors. I will have to look at the shop tomorrow.

·
LX Newbie
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I do care ... and Chrysler must, too. For all of the motors they built with bad wrist pins, the dealers swapped the motors, then sold them at auction with full disclosure.You don't think Chrysler cares about a correct car? I'd bet the SRT boys do if no one else does.

Buick made thousands of GN's. Find one with the original motor, and its worth three times one with a swap - whether by the factory or not.

Yes, Dawson, they are trying to do the right thing. It just really sucks- the speed at which Chryselr engineers is allowing them to do the work is assinine. The guys at the dealer are great - they could tear the thing down and rebuild in a few days. And I would trust them to do so. But Chrysler has them doing one step at a time, then calling them back, waiting foir an answer, etc. So a day passes for every thing checked. I loved when Chrysler asked HOW I changed the oil - did I fill the filter 1/2 full before reinstalling? Did I add the oil slowly or quickly? C'mon, guys. That process took a day all by itself!

·
Betrayer of Mjolnir
3,111 Posts
Maggie said:
Yes, Dawson, they are trying to do the right thing. It just really sucks- the speed at which Chryselr engineers is allowing them to do the work is assinine. The guys at the dealer are great - they could tear the thing down and rebuild in a few days. And I would trust them to do so. But Chrysler has them doing one step at a time, then calling them back, waiting foir an answer, etc.
Yeah, that does suck. I can appreciate the engineers wanting to follow through with a potential issue that could affect other owners, but they must learn to balance that need with the needs of the customer.

·
Thread Crapper
835 Posts
Maggie said:
The guys at the dealer are great - they could tear the thing down and rebuild in a few days. And I would trust them to do so.
Wow, I haven't been to a dealer yet that I would trust to open up my trunk let alone my 6.1.

·
LX Newbie
72 Posts
Sorry to hear about your Magnum. I hope that they can fix it soon for you. I've got to pick up my Magnum for the Uconnect that stopped working, pull to the right, and the CD quit working with four of my CD's still in it!!:sad:

·
Premium Member
16,511 Posts
Maggie,
You gotta feel like a overused diaper at this point and I dont blame yuou for it. If it were me, I would give DCX another chance. Tell them that you want another fresh and purty SRT and then tell them that you want it spec'd from the assembly and for your trouble, see if they will throw in an option for you.
The odds of you getting another lemon through buying another car somewhere else are equal to buying one where you are. PLUS, you already knoweveryone where you are and wont have to get to know and workwith a whole new and different bunch.
All I am saying, is give DCX a chance..

·
Premium Member
7,643 Posts
Maggie said:
And to top it all off, the DCX customer line (I wanted to vent to someone from Chrysler. So help whoever I get on the phone tommorrow) has no one there, though it says its available from 8-5, all time zones.Which, in my book, is until 8 o'clock EST.
Don't get too fired up about this. Phone systems are smart. They know where you're calling from by the ANI. Phones are open from 8-5 for each time zone more than likely. Stinks, I know, but not uncommon.

·
345 Go!
1,160 Posts
I agree with Hammer -

Your current situation with DCX is $hitty ... but you could (should) come out of this with some type of recognition from DCX for your woes.

If I were running a stealership - I'd want to do right by you...

Let them know what you would like them to do for ya... specifically... (in writing) and make your decision to punt on DCX based on their response.

·
Betrayer of Mjolnir
3,111 Posts
skeletonizer said:
Wow, I haven't been to a dealer yet that I would trust to open up my trunk let alone my 6.1.
Yeah, that's been my experience here in the ATL area, too... However, I'm hearing good things about one particular dealership. I'll be giving them the test this Saturday, in fact. We, as blind hogs, must endeavor to find that one acorn hidden amongst the dungheaps. We owe it to our precious LX's.

·
LX Newbie
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well, I called DCX directly today to mention my "dissatisfaction" with the entire process. Not so much the dealership - their hands are tied. The service writer, and manager got no word today from DCX about a resolution. Which really chaps my tail, since the local Business Center and regional rep were all notified today of the slow response.
I guess tomorrow I get to call everyone all over again.

·
2006 Mag SRT Owner
13,441 Posts
Maggie said:
Well, I called DCX directly today to mention my "dissatisfaction" with the entire process. Not so much the dealership - their hands are tied. The service writer, and manager got no word today from DCX about a resolution. Which really chaps my tail, since the local Business Center and regional rep were all notified today of the slow response.
I guess tomorrow I get to call everyone all over again.
There's really not all that many unique problems with these cars... when one comes up, you'd think they'd cut loose a couple of techs, and one of the engine engineers and fly out to where ever it is, just to get a jump on it.

Hope tomorrow's you day and they get it figured out. My guess is though, they are going to pull that motor... if the lifter's are toast and the cam is toast... that metal is in the oil and that means the rest of the bearings are suspect. Either they pull it and do a total rebuild, or they swap it for a warranty motor.

I am not sure what they did wth cars that were already sold that had the wrist pin problem, I read the Recall just as the rest of you did... but I suspect they only auctioned the unsold cars. I read somewhere that SRT owners can bid on the used track experience cars... wish I could remember where....

Don

·
LX Newbie
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I called DCX again (hint: if it is "outside" your time zone, use your cell and turn off the caller ID) and told them that if i do not hear from the Regional tomorrow, I am starting Lemon Law proceedings, and two, that this is my 9th and last Chryselr - whether CHRysler, Dodge, Jeep or Mercedes. I was told the Regional was notified a day and a holf ago, yet have now been informed it was just this afternoon.

I'm done with the BS.

·
LX Newbie
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Well, they are going to put in a cam. So it'll be cams and lifters, and they got the new slotted rotors in, too.

DCX waited four days to call the dealer to have the e-mail in some photos, and made the determination in about an hour. Why this couldn't be done on Tuesday, I'll never know.
The cam should be in Monday or Tuesday, two days to do the labor...
I'm getting tired of driving a Caliber (its not bad, but...)

·
2006 Mag SRT Owner
13,441 Posts
I'd feel very uncomfortable about where all that metal went to that used to be cam and lifters...

:roll:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.