LX Forums Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
LX Newbie
3,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have sirius radio in my car, its working and i haven't payed for it, (i read somewhere that the 06's got free service for like a year or something) anyways, my ? is that i don't get all the stations, it skips some of them. I would like to know how to add the ones i want. any ideas?

·
Premium Member
26,921 Posts
Sounds like it's set up to just give you a sample of the operation and you need to subscibe to get the full capability. I've seen that before, but in another manufacturer with XM.

·
HEMI Newbie
96 Posts
I just called Sirius and activated my radio (phone number and instructions are in the manual) - did not have to give any CC info, and had activated for a year. My RT was new, not sure if yours is new or used, but should work.

·
2006 Mag SRT Owner
13,441 Posts
Call and see. They'll ask for the VIN if I remember correctly. Maybe the last guy didn't activate it. I doubt they would know it wwas sold unless the guy transfered it to his new vehicle or radio.

Don

·
LX Newbie
3,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i just turn the station knob (if that's what its called)...at first i thought maybe i was spinnin' it too quickly, so i used the fwd button, and it still skipped certain channels. I dunno if its something im doing, or if when you subscribe you able to leave certain channels out or what...im stumped

·
LX Padiwan
200 Posts
jaak said:
Sounds like it's set up to just give you a sample of the operation and you need to subscibe to get the full capability. I've seen that before, but in another manufacturer with XM.
Hit the nail on the head, Just need to call sirius and give them the last 8 of your vin number and you will get your free 1 year service.

·
Premium Member
26,921 Posts
I don't know how it works on Sirius, but when I had XM in a car doing that, not only did it skip channels, it would periodically change what channels I could listen to...

Make the phone call! I activated mine online and was up and running in 20 minutes.

·
HEMI Newbie
96 Posts
I think the free service may or may not happen - it may be the remainder of the year if the previous owner activated it, or it could be he bought a sirius radio and transfered his account over. Who knows the only way to find out is to call and activate :)

·
LX Padiwan
200 Posts
miplank said:
so grmreaper...your saying that if i call them and give them my vin i'll get a year of free service? if soo...SWEET
yes it part of buying a new vehicle. When I bought my mag the channels would skip every few second's. But once activated all was good

·
LX Newbie
3,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
hmmm....mine don't skip every few seconds, its just when i go from say channel 50 it will skip all the way to like 37. does that on a bunch of different channels. My car is an 06', but i picked it up slightly used. so im not sure if the previous owner activated it, but doesn't explain why it wouldn't have all the channels.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.