LX Forums Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
LX Padiwan
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know you've seen these before, but for those who haven't, take a look at how nicely silver turn signal bulbs cleans up the look of the front end:

here's the stock orange:

Here's the silver:

& a close up:

(sorry could not get picture #1 to resize)

·
LX Guru
2,871 Posts
Yes it is dimmer. My wife followed me home one day and said the silvered turn signal bulbs are harder to see.

There is another bulb out there that has silver tips but it still a yellow bulb. I like mine even if they are a little dim in the day light. I'm sure they are bright enough at night.

·
Registered
2,582 Posts
I cheated a bit with mine... I couldnt see spending +$6.00 per bulb so I masked off the front half of the bulb and gave it a light coating of Kyrlon 'Original Chrome' it achieves a very similar effect and still allows plenty of orange to reflect for the turn signal(s)

·
I'll be back...someday
3,642 Posts
i just got those a few days ago but haven't put them in yet. Now I know exactly what mine will look like :) without the mesh grille tho. what grille is that?

·
Premium Member
10,447 Posts
I put mine in, 1 week later one of them went dead already waste of 6 bucks! Time to get high towers LED in them.

·
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmK
753 Posts
I had them in my 300 also then about a month later one went dead. I just went with the sylvania silverstar turnsignals. They didnt have the correct size so I had to shave off the little nubs on each side. I would prefer clear but now my turn signals are blue not lit and orange when lit.

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
I spent way too much. I got mine from stealth auto and they are just as bright as stock. They cost 5 times more, but also have a warranty. I'm a light freak anyways so they were one of the first things to get. Warranty makes it worth it to me.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.