LX Forums Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
LX Padiwan
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to decide on a set of rims for my Silver Magnum. Since I have a black grille, headlights and taillights, I think I would like to stick with black rims too.

Foose Nitrous Black are a possibility but I'm not sure if I want to clean around all of the bolt heads. I also like the ASA MU1's at Tire Rack but I really need some "real" pics to help me make up my mind.

I'm also tempted to get a can of that "washable" spray paint and either do the wheels like the Daytona Chargers or go with the negative of those wheels. Since R/T wheels "seem" to be silver inside of the spokes, they may look good with the spokes painted black leaving the insides silver. Just tossing around an idea since I do not want polished/chrome wheels on my car.

Anyone have pics or links of Silver Magnums with black wheels?

·
Mag RT AWD
1,959 Posts
MatPat,
When I had my Silver R/T I was considering going with the cop car wheels. I felt it was a cheap way to go to try out Black. If I didn't like I was going to use them in the Winter??

·
LX Padiwan
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
LX Padiwan
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Pigman 440 said:
MatPat,
When I had my Silver R/T I was considering going with the cop car wheels. I felt it was a cheap way to go to try out Black. If I didn't like I was going to use them in the Winter??
I haven't seent the cop car wheels yet. Any links or pics?

·
We Shall Never Forget
5,353 Posts
matpat said:
They would look good! To echo Jweezy's response, how much is $2K in US funds and how much is shipping? Also, which part of Canada are you in?
Well not to speak for Rick (whos selling em)... but he posted the us price at $1767 US.... couldnt answer ya about the shipping cost.... but the location is Toronto.

Hope that helps ya!
Adam

·
LX Padiwan
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I just did the conversion, $2000 Canadian funds =$1767.78 US funds, not including shipping. I can buy the wheels new for $775 from here including free shipping and the tires for about $600 from here not including shipping, mounting and balancing. Looks like I could save some cash buying them brand new :wink:

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
I love back wheels. I would have jumped for Nitrous ones, but I did not see myself paying that much for the rims. So I just went with American Racing 311s.

·
LX Padiwan
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
apollo said:
I love back wheels. I would have jumped for Nitrous ones, but I did not see myself paying that much for the rims. So I just went with American Racing 311s.
Those are some nice wheels and the price is pretty good too...got any pics of your car Apollo?

·
Now with 20% MORE crazy!!!!!
11,078 Posts
matpat said:
I'm trying to decide on a set of rims for my Silver Magnum. Since I have a black grille, headlights and taillights, I think I would like to stick with black rims too.

Foose Nitrous Black are a possibility but I'm not sure if I want to clean around all of the bolt heads. I also like the ASA MU1's at Tire Rack but I really need some "real" pics to help me make up my mind.

I'm also tempted to get a can of that "washable" spray paint and either do the wheels like the Daytona Chargers or go with the negative of those wheels. Since R/T wheels "seem" to be silver inside of the spokes, they may look good with the spokes painted black leaving the insides silver. Just tossing around an idea since I do not want polished/chrome wheels on my car.

Anyone have pics or links of Silver Magnums with black wheels?
there are a variety of Black/polished or Black/chrome lip rims out there.....
i would search on the internet for a few ideas or styles....
try this....
http://www.custom-wheels-car-rims.com/CarSearchModule.cfm

·
Registered
1,180 Posts

·
LX Padiwan
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
KGBPro said:
there are a variety of Black/polished or Black/chrome lip rims out there.....
i would search on the internet for a few ideas or styles....
try this....
http://www.custom-wheels-car-rims.com/CarSearchModule.cfm
Thanks for the link. I've seen a ton of wheel pics and I have that site bookmarked. My problem is that it is hard for me to visualize what they will look like on a Silver Magnum. I am hoping some folks out there have pics/links of Silver Magnums with aftermarket black rims.

·
LX Padiwan
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
If you are willing to spend about $400 per side plus tires, Nitrous is the way to go for what you are looking for. KMC Jacks and Five is another wheel to salivate over:

Those should cost you at least half what Fooses will.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Picking rims will be hard for you, my friend. Choices are there, opinions are all over the place. You can't go wrong, unless you choose spinners :loser:

·
LX Newbie
38 Posts
1 - 20 of 47 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.