1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
I-495 Hater
5,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
2006 Mag SRT Owner
13,441 Posts
Hmmmm, bait and switch? Or deal and steal? We'll know after the court's decide.

Though I am a bit miffed by how fast the S.A.'s office made up it's mind that it was a civil and not a criminal matter... if he theoretically owed nothing on the car and they came and took it, I wonder why that is not theft and if they dealership was right, I wonder why it was not deceptive practices? Sounds like the Bill Heard dealership is politically connected or it would seem as though the S.A.'s office would have had no comment while they investigated it.

Don

·
LX Guru
2,871 Posts
That is theft. He paid for it. There is such a thing as Buyer's Remorse. I've never heard of Dealer's Remorse.

The guy did not *know* that a mistake had been made. He had been given a deal and took it. He paid cash. That is utter crap. I hope he sues the crap out of them, wins, and buys an even better car from a different dealership at a good price.

·
First AWD LX in the 12's N/A
8,067 Posts
That's just nucking futs, the dealership stole the truck, plain and simple.

·
LX Padiwan
404 Posts
Another shyster dealership trying to pull a fast one. I worked in the commercial crime unit in my police service and what I see here is a theft plain and simple. I would be pushing that criminal charges be laid and would not accept anything else.

I wonder if a person in TN could lay a private criminal information? In my juridiction, you can and I have done that in regards to an assault on my son. The prosecutors office and police refused to lay charges so I did and got a conviction and the jerk ended up getting 30 days in the can.

·
Love my Mag
481 Posts
Saw it and could not believe it was possible for a dealer to do that.....but it seems to be a reoccuring thing for Bill Heard in their used department. Still see advertisements everyday by them on what a great deal they give to people who need help getting a car...what a crock....

·
Now we're talking.
12,200 Posts
I think the dealership is in trouble here. They are trying to save themselves by saying that the customer had to have known the deal was too good to be true. How do they know what the customer was thinking? They can say anything they want as to what the customer knew or should have known but that does not make it fact.

Sounds like a criminal matter to me.

·
LX Padiwan
257 Posts
I guess the customer did not have a garage...and if he did have the truck garage kept, maybe the dealer would break in, take the keys, open the garage, ...and THEN take the truck. ...all because the customer should have known that the deal was too good to be true. Nutsy story.

In this case, I think the dealership should end up as Earl Kieselhorst Chevy.

·
GO 'NOLES! MCATDT
230 Posts
Hmmm... There are Bill Heard dealerships here in Atlanta too. At least they only sell GM's. I'm never going to buy one of those again anyway.

Imagine buying gas a a gas station that put the wrong price on the sign. You buy the gas at a great deal, and the gas guy comes and siphons it from your car at the middle of the night.

Same thing.

Criminals.

You cannot blame that on a rookie sales guy. There are always multiple people involved in the sale of a car.

·
I-495 Hater
5,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I think the buyer should have parked that sucker a little hard to get at, like in the garage!!! :rock:

·
Love my Mag
481 Posts
And the guy didn't know about the shady dealer practices until he contacted the local news who investigated and talked to the BBB would have hundreds and hundreds of similar complaints on Bill Heard. But not very few are willing to sue the dealer...they even went to the lot and a salesgirl was trying to sell the guys truck to someone. What a crock.....It said they had returned his trade-in but not his check for $ 10,000 ....

·
LX Newbie
116 Posts
He should get someone he knows to go back there and take it for a "test drive" , and bring it back to him. If he has the paperwork to prove it`s HIS car , it wouldn`t be any worse than what this stealership has already done to him.

·
E skeud teñval tourioù gell
3,450 Posts
magmagnum said:
He should get someone he knows to go back there and take it for a "test drive" , and bring it back to him. If he has the paperwork to prove it`s HIS car , it wouldn`t be any worse than what this stealership has already done to him.
Heh, that's a good idea

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.