LX Forums Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Ali"i 300C
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New guy - not a lot of car audio knowledge - have done some forum searches, but haven't found the info I need...

My SRT does not have the Kicker audio option. I'm looking to upgrade. I have seen the Kicker sub kit from MOPAR, and 2 other packages named "Front stage" and "Back Stage" (also Kicker sold by MOPAR, but written up as upgrades for 300 touring). Are these kits a balanced solution for my car, if I keep the existing Amp, or should I be looking elsewhere?

Interested in any sugggestions...thanks

·
345 Go!
1,160 Posts
I can't help - but you're in the right place... Several audio experts are standing by to be of assistance... they should show up in

Welcome to the forum! And I'm sure you'll have your answer(s) soon!

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Are you looking mostly for more bass? A more detailed sound? Louder?

You most likely have the BA6 system, which means the kicker speaker upgrade is not going to do much for you. To get a big increase in sound quality you will have to integrate an aftermarket amp and speakers.

The Kicker sub is an option for you which should be plug and play. For $300-400 you could put together a nice sub/amp combo. You could use a normal rectangular trunk box for that. If you are interested, I'm now making Fiberglass Enclosures for Chargers , for which I'm beginning to take orders.

I'd recommend you upgrade the front speakers with a 6.5" component set. I'd recommend CDT Audio. Also get a 2 channel amp to power them with 50-150 watts per channel. Then get a pair of 10"s or 12"s along with an amp that can put about 500-1000 watts of power into them. I'd recommend Dayton Reference, Ascendant Audio, and CDT for subs.

Any more questions, ask away!

Rob

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.