LX Forums Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
WHOOOOOO!!!!!!
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
wassup guys! for a little backgroung i have been doing the internet thing with my local car dealership because i am currently TDY. he quoted me 25,100 for an 06 charger sxt (cloth interior, side airbags) + 75 admin, + 349 tax, tag, fees. well i replied back to the salesmans email and well you are gonna have to read his response(my email first).........

Thanks for the quote Brian. Here is a little more details about my trade:

2001 Harley Davidson Ford F-150 Supercrew
black
37500 miles
V8

Ford quoted me $17300 for trade in value. i have noticed that dark blue
Charger SXT sitting on your lot collecting dust for quite some time now. i
know you are probably eager to get rid of it before it sits on your lot for
90+ days. my friend just got an red SXT w/ leather for 24,700 out the door.
i would like something very similar to that. i really like the charger over
the ford 500 or fusion, but it is all about the better deal. let me
know........

Chris,

I respect your thoughts about getting a better deal but what has happened to the issue of getting quality in what you are buying? I may or may not be able to do alittle better on the trade then Ford but look at it from that side to. A Ford dealer will probably put alittle more into their own product for trade just as I would probably be willing to put alittle more into a Dodge then the Ford dealer would. Trade aside it would appear that you are really wanting me to negotiate some more on my Charger. With the employee pricing program that is currently in effect we have no authority to change the prices. We can be fined by DiamlierChrysler for doing so. The unit is being sold for less than invoice. We pay invoice so how do you think we are making up the difference. DiamlierChrysler is paying the difference not you. Its a simple program but the public does not seem to be catching on. This is what you have been asking us to do for years and here it is. The prices are clearly marked with no haggling. The price that Ford quoted to you on your trade, is it more or less then your payoff? I hope that this helps you to understand our position and I'll help the best I can but I can not change our prices. Let me know if there is anything else I can do.

Brian

so blah blah, getting a better product, but then this guys is telling me that dodge will FINE him if he lowers the price off of E.P. at all? does anyone really believe that the dealership payed 25,100 for that car? is it true that he will get fined or is he trying to play me?

·
E skeud teñval tourioù gell
3,450 Posts
Sounds fishy apart from the trade-in value thing. Typically, a dealer will offer more money on a trade-in for one of their own cars. this allows the manufacturer to inflate the statistics on the resale value of their car.

That was one of the tricks Saturn used when they were getting started. They used to brag about the resale value of their cars. That catch was that you would only get that value if you traded it in at a Saturn dealer.

·
Conspicuous Combustion . . .
6,084 Posts
What a bluffer! I recently had a dealer quote me under employee pricing -- he said they had another $800 or so in dealer holdback.

If he doesn't have it in the car, sweeten the trade.
It comes out the same in the end.

As for fining the dealer, this guy must really be naive -- his boss probably told him that, and he believes it.
DCX could care less how the deal is structured -- so long as the dealer pays for the cars, they can give them away.

Too funny!

·
rest in peace dad
15,811 Posts
humm? does this go here? doesnt seem right! dealers like to make the most they can!!!
:bsflag:

·
Ride my famous Murder Ride
774 Posts
RobAGD said:
If you want a killer deal, look into some 05 Magnum R/T's

Someone here just picked one up with all options but uConnect and Nav for 24k and change.

-R
That would be me. Robs' right look around and find an '05 on the lot. Not only did I get it for this price but they delivered the Mag to my house gave me enough hats and shirts for the entire faimly. This might not be a big deal if your dealer is down the street but mine was over 100 miles away.
Also make sure you separate negotiations on your trade and the new car so the dealer doesn't play and shell games on ya.

·
Tipmaster G
7,019 Posts
Yes the ford dealer would give you more for the trade.

But what would they give you to sell then the truck outright?

The only fine the salesman would get would be less commission!

Go find a shop that will make a real deal!

Deal in person not from the net, so they know you are ready to drive away in a new car,

If the salesman wouldn't call you and talk to you except e-mail go somewere else.

·
E skeud teñval tourioù gell
3,450 Posts

·
LX Guru
2,871 Posts
I got my '05 Magnum RT for 26k fully loaded back in February. Much better deal and you get the 7 year 70k warranty with it.

If you are dead set on a SXT, then get them to throw in some freebies like oil changes, extended warranty, and stuff... They may not be able to compete on price but that doesn't mean they can't compete on services!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.