LX Forums Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Mopar Rules
4,549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I traded my 2015 Charger Hellcat for a 2020 Charger Scat Pack Widebody.
The Scat pack Widebody seems to be higher off the ground than my 2015 Hellcat. I like the ride height of my Hellcat and wish that my Scat Pack Widebody were the same.

Is there a difference between the 2020 Charger Scat Packs and Hellcats? If so, couldn't I just install Hellcat springs on my Scat?

Reactions: Jarhead1812

· Registered
480 Posts
Hellcats came with the adaptive suspension which the SP doesn't. I believe track suspension is the lowest so if you kept the Hellcat on track it should be lower but the Scat is supposedly similar to sport mode with the ADS.

· Super Moderator
2017 Charger Scat Pack. Procharged 426. 850ish on pump 93
5,462 Posts
Some of the 2020 SP have adaptive suspension. Maybe they changed the non adaptive?

If not, you COULD swap over the Hellcat adaptive, there was a write up recently about doing just that.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

· Mopar Rules
4,549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Probably I drove my Hellcat in “default” mode 80% of the time. The rest I drove in “Sport” mode. It always seemed to ride lower than my 2020 Scat Pack Widebody rides.

· Registered
487 Posts
Hellcats came with the adaptive suspension which the SP doesn't. I believe track suspension is the lowest so if you kept the Hellcat on track it should be lower but the Scat is supposedly similar to sport mode with the ADS.
Adaptive suspension does not change ride height, only shock firmness (and as mentioned adaptive suspension is available on later SPs and standard on all WB). My Daytona was about the same height as any standard body HC. I have noticed that all widebody Charger SPs and HCs seem to ride higher than their narrow body counterparts. Lowering springs make them look nice.

· Registered
1,505 Posts
I think it's worth noting that the 305/35/20 Pirelli tires are a hair shorter than the 275/40/20 tires that would be found on a (non Widebody) Hellcat....so there's a little more fender/tire gap there.

Plus the Hellcat wheels just barely poked out in the front & were somewhat flush in the rear for that aggressive stance. The WB wheels aren't 100% flush or poking with the flares, in comparison

And I do agree that the rear fender/tire gap on the rear of the Charger WB does look "huge"

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.