LX Forums Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
See ya in anotha life brotha
14,677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:grin:

Ok When I drive long distances I like to do something to keep me awake and alert. I watch the medians and on coming traffic like a hawk for LEO's and people I hope flashing alerts that LEO's are ahead.

So this time I desided to countthe number of LX cars I saw. The tally Down and Back were as follows :

300's - 69
Chargers - 32 ( 3 GoManGo, 1 TorRed, 1 Bannana )
Magnum - 25 ( 1 SRT, and a few rather custom ones not going to Parry )

When I left Richmond with BBH, RedSledRT and Hemi31 I reset all my counters. When BBH peeled off for home at the exit I had this on the clock :

20h 50m of drive time ( some idling at the track and to and from car washes )
1323 Miles lets do the math 1323/20.9 = 63.3mpg Average. Not too bad and no real traffic until right after BBH left the group. RedSledRT and I got borked good style on 95n, we stopped and got some fud and gas and ended up taking the mostly back way home w/ a side stop at my Stafford shop for potty break and internet check :)

EVIC has me at 23.7 mph average for the trip, I filled at Richmond, BFE, Perry, Shell and Valueco so off the top I would say that is very close to actuall.

I got to have a little fun a few times as I tend to keep a few car lengths between me and teh car in front of me and I mean to a damn person no one on the road keeps ANY damn braking distance so I got scrubbed off from teh group a few times. RedSled and I had a fun little run to make up a mile or so my wheel vibration seems to go completely away at 130 :) Oi!

Same thing happened on the way back up and I had a nice little 4 mile run to catch back up to the group ( BBH, RedSledRT and Josh ), All I have to say is I lOVE MY Hotchkis !! Next year I am getting a push bar for the poky bastards in the left lane.

Oh yea Road food :)

4 packs of Orbit
8 red Bulls
3 Liters of Diet Coke
1 Small bag of Chips
4 misc candy bars
2 Double Cheese burgers
1 Hot Pickled Sausage
about 30 Advil

0 TICKETS !

Great Event, I cant wait for next year.

-Robert

·
She's done heck darnit!
3,384 Posts
130! Well now I don't feel bad about hitting 117 on i-75 trying to keep up with ToddRT!

·
05 Magnum RT and 10 Challenger
7,415 Posts
I blasted the SRT to over a 110 several times and RedSledRT kept right up. Rob was too busy counting cars and eating to follow immediately, and used it as an excuse for a 130 mph blast. We all had fun anyways.

·
Premium Member
2,985 Posts
How long was this tail, Rob

RobAGD said:
:grin:

Ok When I drive long distances I like to do something to keep me awake and alert. I watch the medians and on coming traffic like a hawk for LEO's and people I hope flashing alerts that LEO's are ahead.

So this time I desided to countthe number of LX cars I saw. The tally Down and Back were as follows :

300's - 69
Chargers - 32 ( 3 GoManGo, 1 TorRed, 1 Bannana )
Magnum - 25 ( 1 SRT, and a few rather custom ones not going to Parry )

When I left Richmond with BBH, RedSledRT and Hemi31 I reset all my counters. When BBH peeled off for home at the exit I had this on the clock :

20h 50m of drive time ( some idling at the track and to and from car washes )
1323 Miles lets do the math 1323/20.9 = 63.3mpg Average. Not too bad and no real traffic until right after BBH left the group. RedSledRT and I got borked good style on 95n, we stopped and got some fud and gas and ended up taking the mostly back way home w/ a side stop at my Stafford shop for potty break and internet check :)

EVIC has me at 23.7 mph average for the trip, I filled at Richmond, BFE, Perry, Shell and Valueco so off the top I would say that is very close to actuall.

I got to have a little fun a few times as I tend to keep a few car lengths between me and teh car in front of me and I mean to a damn person no one on the road keeps ANY damn braking distance so I got scrubbed off from teh group a few times. RedSled and I had a fun little run to make up a mile or so my wheel vibration seems to go completely away at 130 :) Oi!

Same thing happened on the way back up and I had a nice little 4 mile run to catch back up to the group ( BBH, RedSledRT and Josh ), All I have to say is I lOVE MY Hotchkis !! Next year I am getting a push bar for the poky bastards in the left lane.

Oh yea Road food :)

4 packs of Orbit
8 red Bulls
3 Liters of Diet Coke
1 Small bag of Chips
4 misc candy bars
2 Double Cheese burgers
1 Hot Pickled Sausage
about 30 Advil

0 TICKETS !

Great Event, I cant wait for next year.

-Robert
LOL Just kidding. I have to make it next year

·
Will race anything for food.
351 Posts
Wow,
If family wouldn't have been here and I wasn't sick and whatever else....
We would have made great time home.....Ask BBH about our trip back from VA beach....

·
LX Oldtimer
11,692 Posts
LEO's ???????????????????????

Does that stand for Law Enforcement Officers?

Wondering,

Bob

·
See ya in anotha life brotha
14,677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
FlordiaRT - yea I also tend to call them Mobil Revenue Generation Stations.

I am not a fan of traffic police that just work for speeding tickets vs getting tail gateing asshats, Left lane riders, jackasses that weave in and out of traffic, unsafe cars etc.

-R

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.