LX Forums Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Screaming In Digital
4,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Last week I posted the thread about the detail kit I got from Adams Polishes for my Birthday. Well over the week-end I had a chance try it out. A few people asked to let them know what I thought of the product so here goes.

First I want to set the record straight on a few issues.
  • I do NOT own stock in Adams Polishes
  • Adam is not married to my Sister
  • Adams Polishes did not have a gun to my dogs head when I was writing this review.
  • I AM NO WRITER
Started out with the car wash. Nothing out of the ordinary. Dried the car with the Detail spray and before I was done I knew I was going to like the product. You could still see swirl marks and a little haze in the finish but its not the job of the detail spray to fix that. But the car was "gleaming" when I was finished. It's not that it looked clean; it looked like it was freshly waxed. I used to use McGuire's detail spray and all the car looked was clean. In the past I used to dry the car totally then hit it with the detail spray but this time I followed Adam's recommendation and sprayed it on the wet car then dried it off.

Next step was the Clay Bar. My Mag is only a little over a year old and I couldn't believe how dirty the clay was when I was finished! Adams says I should get about 5-6 uses out of it but I actually thought about tossing it cause it looked so bad.

Next step, Swirl Remover and Revive Polish. I was glad Adam say's in the DVD that you can go ahead and mix the two products together to do this step. It cut a good 45 minutes off the entire job. I used the Porter Cable 7424 (Didn't get that from Adams) and had the car done in about 30 minutes. Even if the sun hits the car the stuff comes off pretty easy and with NO DUST!!!! I could see as soon as I started to take it off that the swirl marks and scratches were gone, and the clear coat was actually 'clear' again. The blue was so deep it almost looked black.

Next is the Butter Wax. The wax went on really easy after the previous step it came off just as easily. No effort at all. Again best part about this stuff is NO DUST and it didn't discolor or haze ANY of the plastic or rubber trim it hit. That has always been my biggest bitch when I wax my car. I hate when the wax gets into the plastic and nothing seems to get it out and you're stuck with white haze all over it.

I think these two products are the ones I like the most. I used the Spray Glaze and the windows and nothing has ever gotten them so clean. You put it on like a wax, let it dry for a few minutes and wipe it off. Comes off with no problem. Then I hit the pillar columns, window trim and engine cowl with the V.R.T. Everything comes back nice and black, looks shiny and is not oily at all. If there was any wax residue on the trim the VRT takes care of it.

Total job took about 4 hours (OK I had lunch and 2 Corona's). The Porter Cable made the job a hell of a lot faster. I don't want to use the cliché that "the car looked like glass" when I was done because it looked BETTER then glass. I was shocked at how smooth it was after the clay bar. Best way to describe it was it felt like a wet marble countertop. I can't get over how 'deep' the finish looks. The clear coat it actually clear and you can see nothing but the finish color.
The only thing I was alittle disappointed with (and this has nothing to do with the Adams product) was, I had never clayed a car before. SO I thought the clay bar was going to be this magical fix all thing that would take care of all the little imperfections on the front end, like bug marks and crap like that. Even after the polish and wax I have a few spots on the front that need attention.

So with all that said, I really like the Adams product. I've used a lot of different cleaning/waxing products before (I've never tried Zaino) and I gotta say this stuff is great!!!!

The kit cost me $179.00 and with all the stuff it comes with I should be able to get 5-7 full details out of it. Now of course the cost of the kit includes stuff that you'll use for years, like the microfiber towels and applicator pads but with that thrown into the mix if I get 6 details out of the kit it comes to about $29.85 per detail. With the end result I got that's not to bad in my book.

I finished with everything around 4PM and that is just about the worst time of day to try to get pics of your car. And I gotta tell you that no picture will do justice to how good it looked. Besides most of you know how hot my car looks anyway :wink: I took a few of the reflection I got once I was finished cause I didn't want to see this…..:TTIWWP:

·
First AWD LX in the 12's N/A
8,067 Posts
Good job Aikidoka,

Nice write-up too. Glad you like the Adam's stuff, I've heard some good things about them, just haven't tried them yet. (still using Zaino)

Let us know what you think of the In&Out spray when you get it.

I'm probably going to start with that and the VRT until my current stock of stuff runs out then I'll try the Adam's line.

:beerchug:

·
Screaming In Digital
4,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Token said:
Good job Aikidoka,

Nice write-up too. Glad you like the Adam's stuff, I've heard some good things about them, just haven't tried them yet. (still using Zaino)

Let us know what you think of the In&Out spray when you get it.

I'm probably going to start with that and the VRT until my current stock of stuff runs out then I'll try the Adam's line.

:beerchug:
Yeah I forgot to order the In&Out spray when I ordered the kit. I have 3 cans getting here tomorrow so Ill let you know how it is.

·
The NEW KRT
3,970 Posts
link please im looking for something like this, a complete kit. just need the polisher and pads. ^^ Great info!!! (woops was typing with chetoos fingers, only type with one finger... all clean now) Great info though man, cant wait to see the results.

·
Do work!
1,339 Posts
I've been using their products for just over a year and I love them. It really is easy to use and takes almost no effort to rub off. And if you layer it like some other products it gets better. I was up to about 6 or 7 coats at one point before I stripped it all back down to the begining. And I have a black car...it doesn't get any harder to impress the owner of a black car and depth etc....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.