LX Forums Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Semper Fi
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased a couple chrome 1968 Charger script emblems on Ebay to replace the 3.5L fender emblems on my wife's 06 SXT. Now these retro emblems have the posts on the back which I plan to cut off. My question is has anyone here put on different emblems that didn't have adhesive already on them and what did you use to adhere them to the car?

·
Semper Fi
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was thinking that, but holy crap thats gonna be a lot of trimming,lol!!!!! Guess I better find a very sharp,small blade for that! Thanks!!!

·
LX Padiwan
200 Posts
autozone or checkers sells the 3m trim tape double sided, works great and runs about 6 bucks.

·
LX Padiwan
896 Posts
There is also this stuff, called Liquid Rubber, it also works very well for emblems. Found at ACE hardware with near other "glues",it comes in a tube similar to gasket sealant.
I have used it several times for emblems. Just be careful with it, can be messy and stains the fingers.

·
LX Newbie
52 Posts
I'd be scared to use the Liquid Rubber and get a run down the paint or something. Personally I'd stick with the 3M adhesive, it's closest to what the manufacturer uses in the first place.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.