LX Forums Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mother****er!!!!!!!!!!!

I just love it when it is 105 outside and the fridge decides to conk out and anyone who can do warranty repair work on it can't come out until Tuesday!!!

I'll just go right out and replace the $300 worth of food that is going to be spoiled.

Mother****er!!!!!! :mad::mad:

·
2006 Mag SRT Owner
13,441 Posts
Coolers and Ice, some for the food and some for the martini...

Easy there big fella:)

Hope you can get it straightened out!

Don

·
T.G.I.F.
24,289 Posts
My water heater died three or four days ago. If it was wintertime I'd be at Lowe's right after my first cold shower. Now its only a slight inconvenience, although today the temp dipped to a frigid 98 degrees. Who'd a thunk it.

·
Yes I am a pirate, 200 years too late
6,193 Posts
Dry Ice in the fridge will work for a while!!
My commercial freezer died just after the warranty expired with $2K of frozen Rib Eyes, Chicken Breasts, All kinds of fis and the rest of the stuff. I order 6 months of frozen food at a time, as I do all the shopping and cooking and hate going to the grocery store more than twce a month for the other stuff. Dairy is delivered via Alta dena.
Dry ice, 20 lbs. of it kept evrything frozen for 2 days, Lowes brought the new freezer in and everything worked out fine.
I ended up with over $300.00 in rebates and gift cards, so net cost was only about $350.00
Get your priorites straight, be sure and keep the beer cold!!

·
E skeud teñval tourioù gell
3,450 Posts
Make sure you have some good gloves if you are going to be handling dry ice. Also, be careful of the fumes.

·
LX Oldtimer
11,692 Posts
That reminds me, I best be thinking of replacing my fridge soon, it is over 10 years old....................ice maker is noisy.............??????

Bob

·
Premium Member
7,000 Posts
hey man, sorry to hear that!

My parents got tired of that same thing happening (no A/C at home, so these hot summers would take their tolls on the fridges...)... that they went out and bought the cheapest fridge they could find while waiting for the repair guys...
Then just put that cheap fridge in the garage, and used it as a secondary one for Ice/Soda/etc... this way, if one of them craps out, they move all the perishable stuff to the other one...

·
I'm not speeding......I'm qualifying
5,266 Posts
B-B-Q at Matt's house!!! Gotta help him eat all that food.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.