LX Forums Forum banner
1 - 20 of 146 Posts

·
LX Padiwan
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK look at the pics of my Magnum. WHo drives it? Well the PO PO seem to think a drug dealer drives it! "So do the prostitutes but we wont go there right now" LOL. I have tinted windows yep I sure do. I get migranes! I have a permit for the windows!!! HELLO! I have a couple of friends with custom Mags and not sure if they get it or not. I suggested to THE MAN that if you have a permit for tinted glass that there should be something on your tag that states that. He acted like he didnt even hear me! You know why? HE DIDNT STOP ME FOR THE WINDOWS, HE STOPPED ME CAUSE HE THOUGHT THERE WERE DRUGS AND GUNS AND KNIVES AND WHORES IN THE CAR ! TOO BAD NOTHING HERE !IM CLEAN MAN!

·
LX Newbie
44 Posts
ever wonder if the migraines -might- be due to the quarter ton of audio equipment jackhammering soundwaves into your skull from four feet away? i dig the exhaust mod.

·
See ya in anotha life brotha
14,677 Posts
Shag - I get it too, and I am a pasty old white guy, they just pull the car because to them it seems thugish ( as my mother called it ).

It has slowed down a lot here early spring it was un real, I was getting it every week and at it worst I was pulled 3 times in 1 night, and I have factory tint, nothing on the front side windows.

-R

·
Hersela
2,352 Posts
yeah shag, i know whatcha mean. i have been pretty fortunate so far with my mag, but that profilin shyt gets old real quick. Give it up for the Commonwealth baby! (sarcasm)

·
2006 Mag SRT Owner
13,441 Posts
I'm a shaved head, pasty faced white guy with dark tinted front windows, no front plate, a loud exhaust and I drive too fast:racing: :blah: .

We should drive that route together and see which car they stop. I have been to 167MPH, done massive burnouts:magburno: , tromp on it all the time, and never been stopped.... ok, now I have surely jinxed myself!:doh:

I was stopped waiting for our brothers here one day on an entrance ramp and had a State Cop ask me to put on the front plate to which I assured him I would...:blam: Never said when though:wink:

·
Ka CHOW!
4,509 Posts
Shagnum said:
Catch Me Ridin Dirty !!!!
That's the first thing that popped into my head!

I agree racial profiling sucks. One thing I miss, living in this part of Arkansas, is diversity. Around here is mosty whites and Mexicans with a hand full of Asian's, Indians (from India), and very few African Americans.

·
Absent From Malaise
4,553 Posts
Its because of people "riddin' dirty" that guys like you are always getting pulled. Put yourself in the cops shoes. For all he knows your putting a cartridge in the cylinder. Out of courtesy you should drop all 4 windows when a cop pulls you over. It sends the message that you have nothing to hide and puts the cop in a safer position. Perhaps he might cut you slack. You might have a permit for limoed out windows but its a policeman's worse nightmare.

·
LX Padiwan
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You know the funny thing is every time I get stopped the look on their face is priceless when I roll down the window. 44 year old white guy with little hair! Oh my God Ive stopped the wrong guy written on their forehead! I dont care what color you are, your choice of cars or how you choose to equip them shouldnt make you a target. Dont get me wrong, I have nothing but respect for the law. Maybe they are instructed to target cars like ours. If I was dealing drugs I wouldnt drive what Im driving. I would drive something that would draw the least attention possible! An old Chevette that hasnt been washed ever would work.

·
The member formerly known as Jleilich
533 Posts
MooNDoGGie said:
Its because of people "riddin' dirty" that guys like you are always getting pulled. Put yourself in the cops shoes. For all he knows your putting a cartridge in the cylinder. Out of courtesy you should drop all 4 windows when a cop pulls you over. It sends the message that you have nothing to hide and puts the cop in a safer position. Perhaps he might cut you slack. You might have a permit for limoed out windows but its a policeman's worse nightmare.
I always roll down my windows if i get pulled over. Last thing i need is a nervous trigger happy cop. My USMC sticker on the back usually helps as well.

·
345 Go!
1,160 Posts
MooNDoGGie said:
GREAT ADVICE! My friend is a State trooper and he told me he gets nervous when he cant see the drivers hands. I've been pulled over 3 or 4 times and each time I keep my hands in plain sight - avoid movements such as getting my insurance proof out of the glovebox (until he requests them) and be overly polite and contrite. Your chances of getting off with a warning improve if you pass the attitude test, and make their job as easy as can be. Never received a ticket :)

·
Absent From Malaise
4,553 Posts
wbornio said:
GREAT ADVICE! My friend is a State trooper and he told me he gets nervous when he cant see the drivers hands. I've been pulled over 3 or 4 times and each time I keep my hands in plain sight - avoid movements such as getting my insurance proof out of the glovebox (until he requests them) and be overly polite and contrite. Your chances of getting off with a warning improve if you pass the attitude test, and make their job as easy as can be. Never received a ticket :)
Its true that the cop wants to see the drivers hands at all times. But also why not have the rear windows down. Now he no longer has to be concerned about someone sitting in the back behind that blacked out window loading a tech 9!

·
Hersela
2,352 Posts
yeah i understand all that, keep your windows down, be polite yadda yadda yaddaa. but once you get pulled over so many times for fitting this description, or held up at a store because you fit that description or this, or whatever, it just gets real old after a while.

·
I OD'd on mod's at the SE Shindig!!!
2,265 Posts
Amen brotha! It hasn't happened to me in the Magnum yet (fingers crossed), but when I had my '94 Acura Legend complete with chrome rims, tint & loud system I got pulled over quite a bit. It sux but I just do the polite "yes sir officer...no sir officer" bit and go on my way. Because my mom used to tell me, "be polite if the police stop you because you never know who/what they had to deal with just before they got to you and you don't want them to take it out on you." (The movie CRASH would be a good example of that.)

·
Yes I am a pirate, 200 years too late
6,193 Posts
Funny one, Oz!!
The CHP guy that radared me on my local frontage road actually thanked me for rolling down all the windows, car off, keys ON THE DASH, hands on the wheel. He never mentioned the tint or lack of front plate. Did say "Nice Car" after handing me the signed ticket.

As mentioned, don't be grabbing for stuff as they are walking up, I couldn't be a Cop, that is the most scary scenario, people are just weird!!

·
MMM Montreal Magnum Mania
2,930 Posts
Shagnum said:
Catch Me Ridin Dirty !!!!
You know, that is one of my favorite driving songs, just didn't know it was about drugs and pimping:loser: , and I am a brotha, well at least half of one:rock:

I liked it because I always try to keep my ride clean.

On the subject of only going into the glove box after, you might think twice if you are in Montreal and are black, as once a black man got shot dead for going into his glove compartment for his papers. The cop thought he was going for a gun, got nervous and shot him dead.

I always keep my papers in my back pocket.

·
adrenalin junkie
66 Posts
i think alot of us get it from different people...i was at a stop light one day,hubby in the passenger seat, when a pick up truck with a young teenager and his dad (both white) pulled up beside me. they were both straining to see the car then...he said it! i read the kids lips very clearly! " those are white people!" i was very shocked, but the license plate was from wv (no offense, so are my parents). my license plates however keep the po po at bay and apparently some of the general public seem to think "I" am the po po...go figure! hahaha they keep waaaay clear! but everyday i go to work downtown baltimore the car gets alot of attention, and i literally have seen them shoulder punch each other and fall to the ground when the window comes down and the little blonde girl waves and roars off in a cloud of blue smoke! i think its kinda funny, but i really don't like my co-workers referring to my car as the "ghetto wagon" i really chewed em out for that one...haven't heard it in a while.
btw your car is awesome!

1 - 20 of 146 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.