LX Forums Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· I ♥ AWD
759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Everyone (3 walmarts, Autozone) is out of of M1 5W-20. I'm just over 7K miles from my last change, so I wanted to change it today. Bought Pennzoil Platinum Full Synthetic 5W-20 at walmart and put it in the Mag. If she blows, I'll be sure to let you guys know!

· I ♥ AWD
759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ha, yeah, I'm just joking about the blowing part.

· LX Oldtimer
11,687 Posts
I just bought some of the same oil the other day, have to put it in soon.

Bob

· 2-Time LX Owner On Sabbatical
5,979 Posts
I noticed that M1 5W-20 is missing from my local Wal-Marts shielf, too. What gives? I have 1,500 to go before I have to change.

Jay

· rest in peace dad
15,820 Posts
I have moble 5w20 here in hawaii along with the pennzoil, moble one is only like 25 cents more... hmmm

· I love my magnum!!!!!!
5,951 Posts
Psssst, the key is to buy in large quantities when its available....and cheap. Under $20 per gallon.

:rock:
Everyone (3 walmarts, Autozone) is out of of M1 5W-20. I'm just over 7K miles from my last change, so I wanted to change it today. Bought Pennzoil Platinum Full Synthetic 5W-20 at walmart and put it in the Mag. If she blows, I'll be sure to let you guys know!

· Registered
103 Posts
mobil 1 oil availability

there is a sign up at the walmart here in phoenix, the refinery in texas was damaged by hurrican ike and will not be fully operational til a little later this year. I bought castrol 5w-20 syntech because walmart was out of mobil 1. I certainly think this should also be a very good oil and am not at all concerned about using it.

· LX Padiwan
762 Posts
The problem with changing brands is that it may affect non-matalic seals, gaskets and parts and can cause leaks. This is due to incompatability of the different addatives used by the manufacturers. The older or higher mileage the car, the more likely leaks will happen. It is better to stick with hte same brand if possible.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.