LX Forums Forum banner

Pssst... ever wanted a different color for your switches, etc?

160K views 625 replies 148 participants last post by  diboblo 
#1 · (Edited)
Limited time return, for those who have been blowing up my inbox and email.

Gen1 300, Charger, Magnum, Challenger: $300

Gen 1 Grand Cherokee: $500

Current production 300, Charger, Challenger, Grand Cherokee: $550.

Let's mod!

Bob

Current as of: 2/2021

#396 ·
jeez im late to the party. Welcome back my friend!

#399 ·
Since I've had a TON of requests for my custom colors (Purple, Yellow, etc.), I have ordered enough supplies to begin my R&D from the ground up.

If you didn't know, I was making my own LED's in various colors that were not, otherwise, available. I will be working on nailing down a couple of different YELLOW's and a better purple (which was, perhaps, the most difficult color to get any type of consistency on).

Stay tuned, my friends... This is just the re-beginning :)

Bob

#400 ·
WHAT....no purple?

#403 ·
I still need to get mine done Bob.....

#408 ·
I almost forgot to tell you guys... If you have an OEM rear seat VES (DVD Player), I can do the lights in that, too!

I did one last year and completely forgot to add that to the list of capabilities. If you have a rear set VES and want that done, remove the circiut card with the RCA jacks on it, and send just the card. That entire VES is HEAVY and would cost a fortune to ship!!!

That's all for now.

Bob

#409 ·
Okay... I'm about to do a mod in YELLOW!!! I'll be ordering all the supplies to actually do this mod. Hoping to have it done very soon.

This is the first custom color I've been able to do some r&d on, and it looks like it's going to be a winner.

Hoping to post a pic of a modded component, some time this week, so you guys can get an idea of the color :)

Bob

#412 ·
#418 ·
Now available:

YELLOW!!!

This is a 100% custom color. Arrangements must be made, so I can produce these in my secret laboratory.

Coming back, very soon... PURPLE!!! Same as above. Plan on a slightly longer lead time on this color, when available.

Bob

#423 ·
A great mod, just got our lights back and in, look great, thanks Bob! I don't take great pics with low light, plus I cant figure out how to get them into a post, the new forum system sucks, says file size too large (its only 800x600). Anyways the pics at the beginning of this thread are way better than the ones I took. Do this mod, you'll love it! It's real easy too.......:thumbs_u:

#424 ·
Cool new colors. Just wondering if the clock was ever messed with to light up as well?

Hopefully see you and your son again soon as I'm trying to get my car running correctly from the last time we spoke.

#426 ·
Assuming you received my pm? I still have some spare clips if you need any. I can include them with the clock :)

You're the man Bob!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.