LX Forums Forum banner

Pssst... ever wanted a different color for your switches, etc?

160K views 625 replies 148 participants last post by  diboblo 
#1 · (Edited)
Limited time return, for those who have been blowing up my inbox and email.

Gen1 300, Charger, Magnum, Challenger: $300

Gen 1 Grand Cherokee: $500

Current production 300, Charger, Challenger, Grand Cherokee: $550.

Let's mod!

Bob

Current as of: 2/2021

#173 ·
Contact Show & Performance (Ralph) for the gauge cluster color change. He can also provide lighted pointers!

If you had a WK (Jeep GC), I could do amazing things with the cluster, but the LX has an EL sheet for backlighting and I haven't messed with that, YET!

As for two tone, do you mean, switchable between two colors on the interior switches? I can't do that without having the car, and doing some crazy wiring mods and circuit card, component level changes. I won't say it CAN'T be done, I'm just saying it would be a HELLA lot of labor and time and just not worth it at this stage in the game...

Bob

#174 ·
Contact Show & Performance (Ralph) for the gauge cluster color change. He can also provide lighted pointers!

If you had a WK (Jeep GC), I could do amazing things with the cluster, but the LX has an EL sheet for backlighting and I haven't messed with that, YET!

As for two tone, do you mean, switchable between two colors on the interior switches? I can't do that without having the car, and doing some crazy wiring mods and circuit card, component level changes. I won't say it CAN'T be done, I'm just saying it would be a HELLA lot of labor and time and just not worth it at this stage in the game...

Bob
Bob,

Contact Tim (LXSolutions) as he changed my EL sheet with a custom yellow one he made himself (has a supplier too for different colors). It was a lot of work for him but he did it and it looks cool!

Any questions on it and he's your man!

BTW, I'm putting in the shifter kit (fixed) tomorrow AM and will finally take pics, sorry for dragging on with them.

#175 ·
Thanks Nik :)

I would rather drive business over to Ralph, for the clusters. I have my hands full with the WK clusters, right now. You should see the lighting shenanigans I have going on with those!

I do have a source for EL sheet, but I don't have a Charger/Magnum cluster to fiddle with. I do have Danny's spare 300 cluster, and, over time, I'm going to have to bite the bullet on that project. For now, if Ralph can handle that business, I think it's good to spread it around a bit :)

Bob

#176 ·
Thanks Nik :)

I would rather drive business over to Ralph, for the clusters. I have my hands full with the WK clusters, right now. You should see the lighting shenanigans I have going on with those!

I do have a source for EL sheet, but I don't have a Charger/Magnum cluster to fiddle with. I do have Danny's spare 300 cluster, and, over time, I'm going to have to bite the bullet on that project. For now, if Ralph can handle that business, I think it's good to spread it around a bit :)

Bob
I just got back from Iraq, and just moved to Oregon I looking a 300srt right now, but I think I might have a spare charger/magnum cluster in my storage unit I might be able to donate to get a discount in the future. Let me now

#186 · (Edited)
Now available... PURPLE!!!

I am happy to announce that I can now offer this mod in a very nice violet/purple!!!

Pix have been a pain to take, so I've mocked up a spare climate control that I can send out with a battery pack, for anyone who is seriously considering this mod in purple :)

I know there were quite a few members who expressed interest in this color, some time ago...

LET'S GET IT ON!

Bob

#191 ·
LOL... that was a cluster out of a Jeep Grand Cherokee, which is illuminated 100% by LED's. Easy to change out, when you have the right tools and parts :)

I have a Charger/Magnum cluster on the way and I have a 300 cluster that I am working on, right now :)

I will have news on this, very soon. Color choices will be Blue/Red/Green/Amber.

Stay tuned for more info in a few weeks :)

Bob

#195 ·
hi Bob pm me with all the purple interior light details. what can be done, prices and what parts you need from me. thanks Todd.

#207 ·
Yep... and after seeing them in the pic, I thought about having them cast in clear, to get that effect! I have a source that can do this for me in just about any color, but I think clear would get the job done :)

Can you imagine?

Someone would have to step up for this one... That kind of R&D is EXPENSIVE, but I could do the radio knob(s), and the climate control knobs. How sick would that be?

Hmmm... Now you got me thinkin' :thumbs_u:

Bob

#211 ·
Now available, PURPLE!!! That's right... I've been studying ancient alchemy texts in the basement and have come up with a very nice purple for those interested in this color. Have a Plum Crazy? Well, now you can have matching switches and controls! See below for capabilities.
ONE WORD....AMAZING! I am very excited to be the "test" car for the Purple (UV) gauges. Bob has been working for several months and communicating back and forth with me about testing all kinds of different purple LED's from different vendors. A lot of people don't realize the work that goes into changing out these LED's, not to mention researching the best performing LED's out there for every different color. Bob doesn't settle for "decent" lighting or he would have been mailing out purplish/pink dimly lit gauges to people months ago.

Purple is the lowest color on the light spectrum, making it the hardest color to achieve with LEDs. It's color temp is also in the UV range which make it harder for our eyes to see, most UV rays are invisible. So as you can imagine these LEDs take much more technology to make them equal in size and yet...equally as bright. AND, BTW, THEY ARE!!

Anyways...enough with the rambling, here are some photos! Even though these pics look awesome, they don't do ANY justice to how amazing they look in person!

**DAY-TIME PHOTO**

**DAY-TIME PHOTO**

**NIGHT PHOTO**

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.