LX Forums Forum banner

Pssst... ever wanted a different color for your switches, etc?

160K views 625 replies 148 participants last post by  diboblo 
#1 · (Edited)
Limited time return, for those who have been blowing up my inbox and email.

Gen1 300, Charger, Magnum, Challenger: $300

Gen 1 Grand Cherokee: $500

Current production 300, Charger, Challenger, Grand Cherokee: $550.

Let's mod!

Bob

Current as of: 2/2021

#112 ·
Purple leds are available. here is a pic of my instrument cluster on my 09 gsxr 750 originally it was all red . I changed it to blue guages blacklight / purple for indicators etc

Jon
Afterhours Mopar Performance
Thanks Jon :)

I have some wide angle 375 x 1200mcl in stock and am waiting on some 3mm and 5mm round top's. I have some experimenting to do and will unveil my results very soon :)

Bob

#114 ·
Hey . I usually use the smds for everything. Even the switches as they r brighter . But as u know u need to solder leads to the leds. 5mm and 3mm don't last as long . Downside is it does take longer.

Blacklight/ purple leds are available in smd and dome style.3mm/ 5mm

Jon
Afterhours Mopar Performance

#118 ·
very nice ^^^^^^^^^^

bob can you do the window switches? the jeep and lx are exactly the same?

#121 ·
I bet your first green package goes to Talon ( Ken).

Sent from NS1Droid using Tapatalk Pro.

#123 ·
pm sent! need all the info you can give me on this new hotness! :)

#125 ·
Finshed up the FIRST CGSRT8 in blue, shipping tomorrow (Friday).

Finished the FIRST Green package (LX) (shipped).

Finished another Blue Charger package (shipped).

Shipped Green samples.

Repaired incandescent bulbs in a CC unit (stock coloring).

All PM's replied to.

Minor drama averted...

Who's next :)

Bob

#126 ·
looking forward to seeing pics of that green system installed...

#129 ·
pssssttttt......bob can do Jeeps too!

' :beerchug:

so i wanted to do the center stack with blue leds; I saw some of bobs work so i contact bob and he said he would like to work on a jeep as he hadnt done one yet. so
I took apart my stuff and sent it to bob. here it is all back home safe and sound. it took 10 calendar days using priority to cali and back.
here is what i sent him unpacked

here is a pic of the back. he taped up all the pins for shipping so everything was safe/

this all goes together witha 4 mm socket.

eventually you have this

like this

without the flash but I still had too much exposure and i was rushing so i owe some final pics.
PLUS NOTICE THE INFO CENTER IS NOW LIT :w00t:

I still need to put the door switches together. I owe you pics when they go in. im soundproofing and stuff so a few days ////

Reactions: diboblo
#130 ·
pssssttttt......bob can do Jeeps too!

' :beerchug:

I still need to put the door switches together. I owe you pics when they go in. im soundproofing and stuff so a few days ////
Glad you like the parts, Rob :thumbs_u:

This was a real challenge, but I made a boat load of notes. That, along with the data you sent, made the job go smoothly :)

Who's next?

Bob

#131 · (Edited)
RED now available for the REC Nav Head Unit!

That's right... I said it.

I can now do the REC Head Unit in RED! So, those of you contemplating a red color change, and have the REC, I can provide a COMPLETE red package for your interior light mod :rock:

I've already done one and it looks GREAT! It will be installed this week. Watch this thread for pix very soon!

I'm working on some more love for the REC. Stay tuned for more info on other color options.

Bob

First post updated.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.