LX Forums Forum banner

Pssst... ever wanted a different color for your switches, etc?

160K views 625 replies 148 participants last post by  diboblo 
#1 · (Edited)
Limited time return, for those who have been blowing up my inbox and email.

Gen1 300, Charger, Magnum, Challenger: $300

Gen 1 Grand Cherokee: $500

Current production 300, Charger, Challenger, Grand Cherokee: $550.

Let's mod!

Bob

Current as of: 2/2021

#2 · (Edited)
Here are some samples of the work I've done :)

Just finished: 2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee in Aqua!

Here's the climate control... now with RED indicator lights in the buttons :)

Extremely limited edition:

AutoLux Color changing led's by Lux Technologies!

NEW COLOR!!!

Aqua!

Gadget Electric blue Font Auto part Circle

Enjoy.

Just finished: YELLOW!

It's pretty red, but it's even more red in person!!! WOW, this really pops!

I have to pull the heated seat switches and the headlight switch tomorrow night and do them. I should be done by the weekend, then I'm pulling the REC HU and converting that thing to red, too!

This looks even better than I had hoped :)

Bob

More colors!

Green UConnect mirror:

Blue HomeLink / Sunglasses holder:

Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8 (Robpp)

#8 ·
I just finished fnkycld's 300.

Hopefully we can talk him into posting some pix of the finished and installed product :)

Bob
The blue looks much better than that old green color.

I just finished putting my center bezel back together. I can take some better pics of all the switches later and post them for you Bob.

Here are a few from fnky's FB page I stole... LOL

SWEET!
Thanks Albert!

#4 ·
How do you install these things. Since I am horrible with electronics would this be like a tear down and send you everything type of project. I really like the blue.

#9 ·
Like NJ said if you got a few cores I would be up for this. I have a dual climate control that I can send you as well as the front heated switches. I would need the rear heated switches and all the window buttons. I aslo like the idea of the radio as well. I guess I can pull it for a little while but my kids will kill me if it take too long. Can you please post up some prices.

#11 ·
I would love a complete set in red. Hit me up with some pricing! Thanks!

#13 ·
you can do the cluster yourself with some film from your local music store.
they sell film that goes over stage lighting that can be trimmed to fit your cluster perfectly for the red you want then you get diboblo to finish the rest of your switches for a perfect set.
the films usually sell for $6-$10.

#23 · (Edited)
If we go red, will the temp dial stay blue for cold, red for heat. Otherwise, it will be red all the way across...

Posted via LXFMobile
Nope.. everything in the CC unit will be red. Because of the way the substrate for the dial is colored, you need to flood the interior of the CC unit with color, to get it to overcome the blue tinted substrate.

All of the "lenses" you see the bluish green coming through are actually tinted that color. For this reason, Blue, Red and Orange work the best for color changes. Oh.. and Green!

Bob

#28 ·
Interested in pricing for the red too.

#30 ·
This is some pretty cool stuff! I just have to decide if I really want to do anymore interior modding.. I don't have any lights on the inside as of right now and not sure if that's the direction I'm heading in. Time will tell.. But if I do go for show on the inside I'll be in touch :)

eGo

#32 ·
Can't wait to see pics of the red. I also want to check it out in person as soon as you get yours installed. Whats the ballpark price to have you install them if I like your setup? PM me :mrgreen:

Posted via LXFMobile

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.