LX Forums Forum banner
21 - 40 of 626 Posts

·
See ya in anotha life brotha
14,677 Posts
Ohh I like,

I am looking at replacing all teh yellow LED's in the NAV to blues, but I have had the gumption to dig everything out and start messing with the old volt meter.

-R

·
Premium Member
5,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
I see lots or requests for red, is this going to happen? I wanna change all my green to red.

Posted via LXFMobile
Red IS going to happen :)

I'll be ordering parts this evening.

Funny thing is... I'm driving around with bad bulbs in MY climate control module! LOL...

I guess I'd better get on this RED business :pepper:

Bob

·
Premium Member
5,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 · (Edited)
If we go red, will the temp dial stay blue for cold, red for heat. Otherwise, it will be red all the way across...

Posted via LXFMobile
Nope.. everything in the CC unit will be red. Because of the way the substrate for the dial is colored, you need to flood the interior of the CC unit with color, to get it to overcome the blue tinted substrate.

All of the "lenses" you see the bluish green coming through are actually tinted that color. For this reason, Blue, Red and Orange work the best for color changes. Oh.. and Green!

Bob

·
Gute Fahrt
6,028 Posts
Interested in pricing for the red too.

·
Premium Member
2,866 Posts
This is some pretty cool stuff! I just have to decide if I really want to do anymore interior modding.. I don't have any lights on the inside as of right now and not sure if that's the direction I'm heading in. Time will tell.. But if I do go for show on the inside I'll be in touch :)

eGo

·
Premium Member
5,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
This is some pretty cool stuff! I just have to decide if I really want to do anymore interior modding.. I don't have any lights on the inside as of right now and not sure if that's the direction I'm heading in. Time will tell.. But if I do go for show on the inside I'll be in touch :)

eGo
:rock:

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Can't wait to see pics of the red. I also want to check it out in person as soon as you get yours installed. Whats the ballpark price to have you install them if I like your setup? PM me :mrgreen:

Posted via LXFMobile

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
PM prices and eta for turn around in Red please!

·
Premium Member
3,460 Posts
I have a Pioneer D3 and that has selectable color schemes. So naturally the blue fits right in. I also just added the 2 gauges into the radio bezel as well.
This is the night view. The blue can be seen during the daylight as well, it just does not show up in pictures very well.

Here is a shot of the master window switch, mirror switch and the headlight switch.

Close up of the headlight switch

HVAC Controls

·
Premium Member
2,243 Posts
Is there anybody in VA/MD/DC that can install this stuff. Would love to get the blue, but cant take my whole car apart and send it out to him. Would be willing to pay (of course).

·
Premium Member
5,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
  • All PM's replied to. Thank you for your interest, guys :)
  • I will have RED LED's in stock very soon.
  • Maybe we can talk Ralph into posting up some pix of his RED interior :rock:
  • Thanks for posting up pix of your BLUE interior, Danny. Looking good.
Bob

·
LX Enthusiast
1,523 Posts
lets see some red!

·
Premium Member
1,765 Posts
No reply to posts about a DIY thing, or having someone else do the install. So i take it you won't do that?

21 - 40 of 626 Posts