LX Forums Forum banner
1 - 20 of 252 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Here are some samples of the work I've done :)

Just finished: 2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee in Aqua!

Here's the climate control... now with RED indicator lights in the buttons :)

Extremely limited edition:

AutoLux Color changing led's by Lux Technologies!

NEW COLOR!!!

Aqua!

Gadget Electric blue Font Auto part Circle

Enjoy.

Just finished: YELLOW!

It's pretty red, but it's even more red in person!!! WOW, this really pops!

I have to pull the heated seat switches and the headlight switch tomorrow night and do them. I should be done by the weekend, then I'm pulling the REC HU and converting that thing to red, too!

This looks even better than I had hoped :)

Bob

More colors!

Green UConnect mirror:

Blue HomeLink / Sunglasses holder:

Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8 (Robpp)

·
Premium Member
4,968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
you can do the cluster yourself with some film from your local music store.
they sell film that goes over stage lighting that can be trimmed to fit your cluster perfectly for the red you want then you get diboblo to finish the rest of your switches for a perfect set.
the films usually sell for $6-$10.
CORRECT!!!

...and good info :)

I would refer you to RedFox0099 (Nathan), or for any gauge cluster work, if any of you are not comfortable doing it yourself :)

Bob

·
Premium Member
4,968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
I see lots or requests for red, is this going to happen? I wanna change all my green to red.

Posted via LXFMobile
Red IS going to happen :)

I'll be ordering parts this evening.

Funny thing is... I'm driving around with bad bulbs in MY climate control module! LOL...

I guess I'd better get on this RED business :pepper:

Bob

·
Premium Member
4,968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 · (Edited)
If we go red, will the temp dial stay blue for cold, red for heat. Otherwise, it will be red all the way across...

Posted via LXFMobile
Nope.. everything in the CC unit will be red. Because of the way the substrate for the dial is colored, you need to flood the interior of the CC unit with color, to get it to overcome the blue tinted substrate.

All of the "lenses" you see the bluish green coming through are actually tinted that color. For this reason, Blue, Red and Orange work the best for color changes. Oh.. and Green!

Bob

·
Premium Member
4,968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
This is some pretty cool stuff! I just have to decide if I really want to do anymore interior modding.. I don't have any lights on the inside as of right now and not sure if that's the direction I'm heading in. Time will tell.. But if I do go for show on the inside I'll be in touch :)

eGo
:rock:

·
Premium Member
4,968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
  • All PM's replied to. Thank you for your interest, guys :)
  • I will have RED LED's in stock very soon.
  • Maybe we can talk Ralph into posting up some pix of his RED interior :rock:
  • Thanks for posting up pix of your BLUE interior, Danny. Looking good.
Bob

·
Premium Member
4,968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
:doh: I just realized I dont have a blue/red temp dial. I have the dual climate that has numbers for temp. Got confused looking at the pics above.

And you can change the steering wheel buttons and mygig controls also?

Posted via LXFMobile
I can do the steering wheel buttons. Never messed with the mygig, but I'll give it a shot :)

Bob

·
Premium Member
4,968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
I'm working on purchasing some switches and some climate control modules. This way, I could do some exchanges for those in a hurry.

I'll keep this thread updated.

Bob

·
Premium Member
4,968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
Ok... You guys asked for it!

I now have, in stock, two rear window switches, one passenger combo window/door lock switch, one mirror control switch, one master window/door lock control switch for '07 up.

I also have an '05/'06 style headlight switch (non auto headlight (for exchange, or as a loaner)).

My order for RED has been confirmed and is on the way.

If anyone wants Blue, and has an '07 +, let's talk :)

I'm working on putting together an '05/'06 window switch set, as well.

Bob

·
Premium Member
4,968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
I would still be interested in purple depending on the price and turn around :) wouldn't be able to order them till may though while im away from home, don't feel like takin my car apart in my dorm parking lot lol
WOW! I have five requests for purple!

I have purple samples on the way. If they will work, color wise and intensity wise, it's a go!

Keep an eye on this thread. I should have an answer on the purple issue in two weeks time.

Bob

1 - 20 of 252 Posts