LX Forums Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
LX Newbie
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was wondering if there is any material I can get to cover the plastic (such as carpeting) that surrounds the rear door opening and interior cargo area. The lugging of my bicycle in and out of the back have left scratches on the plastic lining and tire marks in the interior.
Thanks,
Charlie in Orlando

·
E skeud teñval tourioù gell
3,450 Posts
garabed53 said:
Was wondering if there is any material I can get to cover the plastic (such as carpeting) that surrounds the rear door opening and interior cargo area. The lugging of my bicycle in and out of the back have left scratches on the plastic lining and tire marks in the interior.
Thanks,
Charlie in Orlando
Would the rear protection kit be what you're looking for? The dealer can install it, or I imagine you could do it yourself.

·
Ride my famous Murder Ride
774 Posts
Right now I use a moving blanket when I take my bike somewhere.

I've been wondering if anyone else here did any biking and how they transported their bikes. I used a bike carrier that mounted on the hitch receiver on my truck before the truck was stolen. Take a look http://www.mtbr.com for info and reviews on just about anything related to biking including bike racks.

·
Ka CHOW!
4,509 Posts
Do you have a roof rack?

You could get some static cling shelf liner (clear) and put that on the plastic. It would keep the plastic clean but I doubt it would help any major scratches.

·
Survived 2017 ... 2020 or Bust ...
5,309 Posts
garabed53 said:
Thanks,
Charlie in Orlando
That plastic interior with the cheap carpet isn't good for hauling much of anything without some kind of protection. It was listed as a truck when I bought it, maybe something like a truck bed liner?

I have scratches on the plastic and scrapes on the cheap carpet from helping my brother haul his new HDTV. That's the last hauling I'm doing in this "Prima Donna".

·
juzpazzinthru
449 Posts
does the Rear Protection Kit go beyond the little tray I got to stick in there.......its more like a mud mat with a raised lip. Upholstery shop for fitted carpet insert (s) would be the way to go, is that what the Protection Kit is?

·
rice eatin bad azz wagon
940 Posts
The course grained fabric a lot of street rods are using now is very durable and because of its loose weave, its easy to shape around curves. You just need a spray gun, compressor, razor blades and contact cement to put it on. Im planning on that being a winter project on mine this year since mine is getting pretty scratched up making parts runs for my shop.

·
T.G.I.F.
24,289 Posts
I have a Husky bedliner in my Magnum. Got it from HighHorsePerformance.com. Beyond that I don't do a thing except fold the rear seat down and roll my Stump in diagonally. I have to take the seat out and the handlebars dip into the cargo well and hold it nicely. Then if I do anything I toss a towel over the end of the wheel.

EDIT: The bedliner is awesome. Its even dished out so that time I was transporting the 5-gal frozen waterbag to AZ that leaked it held everything until I figured out what was going on.

·
LX Newbie
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The rear protection kit was what I had in mind. I'd like to see it first before deciding on having it put in. Does anyone have a pic of their Mag with rear protection or know of a website that has it for sale? Thanks to all for the responses so far..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.