LX Forums Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 1649 Posts

·
What part should we make next???
6,932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since these are going out... I'm anticipating folks needing some help...

So I've started this thread so we can help eachother...

·
6,932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I've got the first question...

I have mine, and it says it needs an update... The site isn't updated yet to include the U7135...

So... How do I update?

·
6,932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Come on Guys! Read the topic here... Don't Muck this thread up with "where's my order" BS...

As Meister stated. DS sent ME one to try out. Vendors didn't get their orders yet.

I'm asking the mods to clean this one up before it gets hosed.

·
6,932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Mike... The links now work in there... so have at it fellas!

·
Warranties are for sissies.
3,740 Posts
I have a quick question regarding combining certain settings. It appears that the shift points are set when enabled in the Q/A menu (6.1L- 6400/6600/6600), if not than the rest of this isn't relevant.

What if you set the rev limiter at 6400, but enable the shifts? Will it bounce off the limiter or does one have higher priority than the other? With the paddle kick on will it shift at 6400 for all 3 shifts? Are the shift points changed in the canned tunes? Thanks.

·
Registered
4,396 Posts
I have a quick question regarding combining certain settings. It appears that the shift points are set when enabled in the Q/A menu (6.1L- 6400/6600/6600), if not than the rest of this isn't relevant.

What if you set the rev limiter at 6400, but enable the shifts? Will it bounce off the limiter or does one have higher priority than the other? With the paddle kick on will it shift at 6400 for all 3 shifts? Are the shift points changed in the canned tunes? Thanks.
If you set the rev limiter and shift points to the same rpm it will cause an issue.
With paddle kick on it will shift right at 6400 (1-2) and 6600 (2-3, 3-4) rpms.
Shift points are not changed in the canned tunes.

Thanks
Mike

·
6,932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I got my download and had trouble with the Belkin USB/Serial cable that I had laying around. HHP sent over the set they are shipping to everyone... Worked perfectly.

Some tips...

The power supply comes with the tip removed (likely so the manufacturer can use the same unit for different applications) and it's reversable IE center is + or - depending on which way you plug it in.

So if it doesn't power up the first time you try it... flip the connector around.

The USB/Serial cable comes with a driver... You need to install that before it'll work. Check in your windows Devices to make sure there are no (!) in there. Particularly for the usb serial device.

·
6,932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Mike... Here is a question for you...

When programming using the "other" device... the key cycle waits for YOU to cycle and press a button to continue.... or just detects that you have done it.

While I was programming using the predator... It would flash a message (cycle key) sometimes VERY quickly... and then start counting down (I think 5 seconds) There were times that I wasn't paying attention... and it just continued without the cycle... Though everything reset on it's own...

Is there any danger in that?

·
6,932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I also noticed that the QA options get aplied right away... Are all of those stored with the "modified" tune as well?

Is there a way of checking what options are currently set through the device?

When you go back to stock do those options revert back as well... (for those trips to the dealer)

·
vajazzle it!....;)
15,798 Posts
While I was programming using the predator... It would flash a message (cycle key) sometimes VERY quickly... and then start counting down (I think 5 seconds) There were times that I wasn't paying attention... and it just continued without the cycle... Though everything reset on it's own...

NO... That key cycle was put there for the post-'05 cars. (Mike correct me if I am wrong)...With our '05's the Predator just cruises right on thru that cycle...

In short...it is fine. If there REALLY is a cycle required it will wait on you to cycle the key.

·
vajazzle it!....;)
15,798 Posts
I also noticed that the QA options get aplied right away... Are all of those stored with the "modified" tune as well?

All that *I* have seen is when you "check last installed tune" it will show:

"______-tune (and Quick adjust)"

I really need to go push buttons some more tho.... I'm too happy driving tho! :racing:

·
Registered
4,396 Posts
Mike... Here is a question for you...

When programming using the "other" device... the key cycle waits for YOU to cycle and press a button to continue.... or just detects that you have done it.

The key cycle count has been reduced, and it will now wait for you to cycle, rather than counting down.

When you go back to stock do those options revert back as well... (for those trips to the dealer)
When restoring the original backup, there will be an extra key cycle that will reset the QA parameters.

Thanks
Mike

·
6,932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Do I need to download an update to get any fixes?

·
LX Newbie
294 Posts
I went the links mike posted in the QaA forum and downloaded the dsdownloader and the data viewer 3.1 but when i try to download the instructions it pulls up a dos cmnd window then nothing?Im running Vista prem

·
6,932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

·
Warranties are for sissies.
3,740 Posts

·
We call her Black Betty!
474 Posts
This is not exactly Predator related, but I have a question about the Diablo site. For 2 days now I have tried to join the Diablo site with no luck. It takes my username and e-mail no problem, but never mails me the password. When I try to create the same username again, it says that username already exists. So I tried the "forgot my password" screen for that username, and again it says it's sending me an e-mail, but it never sends it. So then I tried another new username, and again, no e-mail was sent to me with my password. Anyone else have this problem? Is the site have issues this week or something? Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Sorry for posting off topic, but I couldn't post at diablo without a login :(

·
Registered
174 Posts
Have you tried looking in your junk mail?

1 - 20 of 1649 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.