LX Forums Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is not me............ DARN.

it was even won im ny own city i should have been buying tickets.

at least a group of 20 or so workers won it by putting all there money into one Pot. too bad they are all gonna quit there jobs now....LOL

Help Wanted.

·
You got your good things and I got mine
180 Posts
WANTED

20 people who want to work
to replace 20 who no longer
want to. Hiring NOW
(or at least as soon as the Lottery
Commission pays off...)​

·
I-495 Hater
5,026 Posts
HAHA!!! Here I thought 1 person won it with a single ticket....that sucks butt, having to share with 100 people :sad: So after they take the lump sum, and taxes and then split it up a 100 ways, what are they going to be getting each? Like $50 or something :eek:wned:

I wish I had a cut of that $50 :sad: :loser:

·
You got your good things and I got mine
180 Posts
Aug 7, 10:47 AM (ET)

ST. CLOUD, Wis. (AP) - A group of about 100 cheese-factory workers say they hold the winning ticket for the $208.6 million Powerball jackpot.
Officially, no one had come forward yet Monday to claim the jackpot, said Wisconsin Lottery spokeswoman Jessica Iverson.
However, the group of workers employed by Sargento Cheese in Plymouth told WITI-TV in Milwaukee on Sunday that they were the ones who bought the ticket with the winning numbers that were picked Saturday, and they had it locked in a safe somewhere.
Some of the ticket-holders gathered Sunday at a tavern in St. Cloud to celebrate with friends and relatives.
"It still hasn't sunk in," Jon Arnhoelter, who has worked at Sargento for nine years, said in a telephone interview with the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. "I guess until the check's in hand, I guess I find it hard to believe."
The factory workers have pooled their money for several years at $1 apiece whenever the jackpot rose to $100 million or more, Arnhoelter said. They planned to contact a lawyer before deciding when to turn in the ticket.
They didn't say if they would take the jackpot in a one-time payout or the 29-year annuity. Iverson said the one-time option would be worth $95.8 million.
The winning ticket was sold at Ma and Pa's Grocery Express in Fond du Lac along the so-called "Miracle Mile," a stretch of South Main Street where several stores sold multimillion-dollar tickets during the 1990s. Ma and Pa's sold a winning Megabucks ticket worth $6.5 million in 1994 and has sold tickets that won $500,000, $250,000 and $100,000. Powerball is played in 29 states, the District of Columbia and the U.S. Virgin Islands.

·
I-495 Hater
5,026 Posts
So would that be 95.8Mill before taxes? I took out 30% for taxes, and then cut it up by 100, looks like if they go that route, they are going to get about 670K each. Not bad...I think they could give up making cheese for the rest of their lives with that :rock:

·
I-495 Hater
5,026 Posts
bobf said:
$1 mil each before taxes. You could almost buy a house in PHX for that.
No way, a villa on the beach in Mexico with servants and all that jazz :i2:

·
Premium Member
7,643 Posts
That sux ass. It should have been me, one single winner in KS. Oh well, a man can dream...

·
Ka CHOW!
4,509 Posts
Actually the 95.8 million is after taxes. I think anyway.

·
Sold Mag in summer '07, ready SRT8
1,237 Posts
I wouldnt know what to do with myself, I think i'd bring back pimp outfits. I would have all the clothes in Dolemite and Superfly tailored for me. Oh yeah, and a Chinchilla lined Magnum interior.

·
I'm tryin' to think but nuttin' happens
5,151 Posts
FOHN_JARGO said:
Actually the 95.8 million is after taxes. I think anyway.
Nope, the winning amount is based on an Annuity paid over 29 years. Basically the Lottery comm. buys an Annuity for $98M and the insurance company guarantees it will pay off $208 over 29 years.

·
LX Guru
2,166 Posts
thats crazy.I pay off my house and have 250k left and I could make that in a few years so why would I quit.I might would use it to start something up that i could use to eventually quit my job but not right away.
The people that quit instantly for that much are real smart with money and know exactly how to make it happen with that much OR they only make 30k a year and if that is THE case then yeah quit **** you could live like ya do now for the next 8-9 yrs.If you dont blow a penny.
Now would I bitch about winning that HELL no!! Would be happy as a lark.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.