LX Forums Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im cruising home last week and i see this porsche come flying through traffic weaving in and out. i close up the gap a bit so he doesnt cut in front of me.

he rides next to me in the middle lane. looks about young/mid 30s. forgot what it was, boxter s or something. well he falls back a bit, and i do the same. i hear him winding his motor out... ready to stomp on it. what speed are we going? about 55 :D i drop it to 3rd gear waiting for him to hit it.

bam, he nails the go pedal and instantly has a fender on me. i retaliate by smashing mine and a tap to the left. second gear pulls like a mofo and i run it out and BAM, shift into third. where is he? oh, thats right, hes behind me lol. guy didnt even ATTEMPT to mess with me after that :( got off the same exit and i couldnt bait him to play anymore. i musta bruised his ego :(

im thinking people have run into other srt8s because im having a hard time getting people to take the bait.

·
2006 Mag SRT Owner
13,441 Posts
If you can't run with the big dogs... stay on the Porsche!

Nice kill:)

Don

·
Registered
3,904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
my RT was over a second slower than my srt8. and my srt8 is faster than my transam was stock for stock.

i raced my buddy in his 400 rwhp camaro (manual) from a slow roll. i did get a small jump, but he couldnt reel past me by 70 :D first 2 races i got stuck on the limiter and he flew past me. the third race i grabbed second perfect. its hard to catch an srt8 once hes on the gas.

·
cbutler32
1,256 Posts
DriveATransam said:
im thinking people have run into other srt8s because im having a hard time getting people to take the bait.
I would second that...
BIG TIME!
I have had a ton of people roll up on me and then back off...
had a neighbor the other day on the drive from the house out onto the freeway...
I kept him behind me at a resonable speed...
when we got to the on-ramp and the light turned green...
I was at the top of the on-ramp and he about a third of the way up wondering what just happened...
saw him the next morning...
he was in front at the stop sign...
smiled...
and shook his head and waved me in front...
pointed at the Vixen and waved his finger no-no...
and mouthed "unreal"...

I would say people out there are finding out...
most the hard way...
looking at the rear end of SRT's everywhere...

·
SRT8Soul
71 Posts
A 02 carrera tryed to play with me, the gap was one car for me from 90kmh roll to 180 it was about 3-4 cars, he thought that he could catch me:p even though porsches are good from the roll but not from a stop . looking for a 06 carrera to get side by side with me on a stop sign :p.

·
long term car nut
2,730 Posts
mastery

DriveATransam said:
my RT was over a second slower than my srt8. and my srt8 is faster than my transam was stock for stock.

i raced my buddy in his 400 rwhp camaro (manual) from a slow roll. i did get a small jump, but he couldnt reel past me by 70 :D first 2 races i got stuck on the limiter and he flew past me. the third race i grabbed second perfect. its hard to catch an srt8 once hes on the gas.
great point. If you can master that damn autostick, you can get out of the hole really hard, bang a perfect 1-2 shift, and then just let that 3rd gear talk!

·
1320in12
171 Posts
:racing: the key is to be in the proper gear before you entice the poor unsuspecting overpriced Porche even if that means driving at 4000 rpm for a little while till you can bait him.

·
Registered
3,904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
inferna said:
:racing: the key is to be in the proper gear before you entice the poor unsuspecting overpriced Porche even if that means driving at 4000 rpm for a little while till you can bait him.
i find that getting a downshift makes the car pull harder than just mashing it at 4K. could be in my head ;)

anything past 35 (even 35) is really hard to hit second sometimes when autosticking+downshifting from 2. i can execute it perfectly when im playing alone, but as soon as theres a race, i ride the limiter :( its like it KNOWs or something.

·
LX Padiwan
352 Posts
DriveATransam said:
i find that getting a downshift makes the car pull harder than just mashing it at 4K. could be in my head ;)

anything past 35 (even 35) is really hard to hit second sometimes when autosticking+downshifting from 2. i can execute it perfectly when im playing alone, but as soon as theres a race, i ride the limiter :( its like it KNOWs or something.
If you're going less than 40 you can autostick into 1st gear. If you're going less than 70 you can autostick into 2nd. In "D" you must be going less than about 62 to get the 2nd gear downshift.

·
LX Padiwan
406 Posts
A Guy walks up to a house and asks the owner if he wants his "porch" painted for $100. Man says sure. 1/2 hr later the painter knocks on the door and tells the owner he's all done. Owner pulls out 5 $20 bills and says, "That sure was quick." The painter responds with, "By the way mister that weren't no porch, it were a Fe-rar-re."

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.