LX Forums Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Aliens Ate My Babysitter
559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
when I drive to the local shopping mall, there's this little opel astra, always parked in the same street, where only one car can pass and the others have to wait because there's not enough space..

his rear view mirror has been hit at least 3 or 4 times.. and each time he fixed it after a week or two.. last time I saw his rearview mirror hanging from the door was only 2 weeks ago..

today I noticed his mirror is fixed again.. great...

.... but then I saw his front bumper:

.. but at least the mirror is ok :wink:

·
I-495 Hater
5,026 Posts
That sucks! And you're parked in front of him!! Aren't you nervous? I mean, the astra isn't that big of a car compared to yours. When I first got stationed in germany, I had my 1995 Chevy Silverado extended cab truck shipped over.....not the smallest vehicle around on some of those tiny german road driving through towns with some of the craziest twisty tiny brick/cobblestone roads in between buildings with the worst excuse for a sidewalk (maybe 6-8" wide) for that buffer zone between the street and the buildings exterior wall. It wasn't too long that I sold the truck and bought me a BMW :mrgreen:

And I really like your 300 tourer and the rims were a damn nice choice!

·
Aliens Ate My Babysitter
559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just stopped there to take photos. I would never park my car there :)
I'm glad to have a subterrain garage in my building! 120usd/month but worth the money

..but sometimes I wish I had a cheap Smart. you can park everywhere in every direction and you dont care anymore about dents, missing mirrors or front bumpers and stuff :)

·
Ka CHOW!
4,509 Posts
I'm thinking someone has it out for that guy.

·
Vanishing Point
1,080 Posts
man, that totally sucks, agree that it is probably a personal thing. Likewise, I can see your desire to get something smaller for the roads over there. Like BMWDON, I shipped a beast over to Germany my first tour there:

It was a blast to drive on the autobahn, and the French really dug it when I took it to Strassburg. I did, however. leave some silver paint on a brick planter while trying to nav the narrow cobbles of the inner city. I ended up selling the car to another servicemember after eight months; picked up a european spec 280Z as a replacement. That was a screamer (had it up to 240 KPH on one trip) and a bit easier to drive in the small burgs.

·
I-495 Hater
5,026 Posts
HA!! I once made the mistake of driving my truck into what I thought was the parking area behind a long building, and it had another exit on the opposite end....I putted down to the other end very carefully as it was TIGHT! between the back of the building and the rear of the cars parks a cars width away from the damn back of the building, only to find out, there was no other exit.....backing out of that place sucked accceeeee...and there were exit doors on the back of the building, I'm backing out hoping to all hell some fool doesn't decide to sneak out the back to burn one or take out the trash :sad: And my truck only did 115mph on the bahn :loser: but my BMW did 138mph with the govenor , nearly 150 without (it was the little 323 (2.5L)) :rock: fun!!!

OA-5599 said:
man, that totally sucks, agree that it is probably a personal thing. Likewise, I can see your desire to get something smaller for the roads over there. Like BMWDON, I shipped a beast over to Germany my first tour there:

It was a blast to drive on the autobahn, and the French really dug it when I took it to Strassburg. I did, however. leave some silver paint on a brick planter while trying to nav the narrow cobbles of the inner city. I ended up selling the car to another servicemember after eight months; picked up a european spec 280Z as a replacement. That was a screamer (had it up to 240 KPH on one trip) and a bit easier to drive in the small burgs.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.