LX Forums Forum banner

How would you rate FOG customer service?

• Excellent!

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Good

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Okay/Acceptable

Votes: 4 36.4%
  • Bad

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • These guys are crooks!

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Thread Killer, Vote Stealer
2,983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Due to the complexity of our concerns with FOG and their HID kit, I will volunteer to maintain additional information in this thread.

On top of the "customer service" poll, I would like all of those who have purchased Factor One Garage's HID kits to please reply to the following questions using the supplied answers. I will update the percentages on Post #1 periodically.

BTW, you are welcome to PM me with your response if that makes you feel more comfortable. I understand, and I'll keep your response in the strictest confidence.

1. Which LX-platform was the kit(s) purchased for?
A. 300 (1 - 12%)
B. Charger
C. Magnum (7 - 88%)

2. Does the destination LX have EVIC? (electronic vehicle information center)
A. Yes (6 - 75%)
B. No (2 - 25%)

3. Did you install the kit(s) as a replacement for your (select all that apply)
A. low beams (8 - 80%)
B. high beams
C. fog lights (2 - 20%)

4. What color temp(s) did you choose?
A. 3000k golden yellow (1 - 10%)
B. 4300k crystal white
C. 6000k aqua blue (5 - 50%)
D. 8000k deep blue (4 - 40%)
E. 10000k violet purple

5. Did your kit(s) arrive in timely manner as promised?
A. Yes (4 - 44%)
B. No (5 - 56%)

6. Were any or all of the kit components returned/incomplete because some were missing, damaged, etc.?
A. Yes (1 - 11%)
B. No (8 - 89%)

7. If you answered "yes" to #6, how quickly did FOG get your item returned to you?
A. FAST!
B. acceptable
C. slow (1 - 100%)
D. still waiting

8. Was installation truly "plug & play" with no wire splicing or cutting needed?
A. Yes (9 - 100%)
B. No

9. Since installation, have you had any issues of lamp flicker, non-start, or burn-out?
A. Yes, once or twice (3 - 33%)
B. Yes, constantly
C. No (6 - 67%)

10. If you answered "yes" to #9, did you return the defective item to FOG for a replacement?
A. Yes
B. No (3 - 100%)

11. If you answered "yes" to #10, how quickly did FOG get your item returned to you?
A. FAST!
B. acceptable
C. slow
D. still waiting

Reactions: ratman1648

·
2,983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
my experience:
1. c
2. a
3. a
4. c
5. b
6. b
7. n/a
8. a
9. a
10. b
11. n/a

·
2,983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
BUMP - C'mon guys. This isn't intended to be a negative towards Factor One Garage. I am simply trying to compile some data for the multitudes sitting on the fence. Actually, I think FOG will ultimately benefit from this info as well.

·
now on my 3rd modern mopar, a Jeep SRT8
603 Posts
bmartin9122 said:
Due to the complexity of our concerns with FOG and their HID kit, I will volunteer to maintain additional information in this thread.

On top of the "customer service" poll, I would like all of those who have purchased Factor One Garage's HID kits to please reply to the following questions using the supplied answers. I will update the percentages on Post #1 periodically.

A. 300
B. Charger
C. Magnum (1 - 100%)

A. Yes (1 - 100%)
B. No

A. low beams (1 - 100%)
B. high beams
C. fog lights

A. 3000k golden yellow
B. 4300k crystal white
C. 6000k aqua blue (1 - 100%)
D. 8000k deep blue
E. 10000k violet purple

A. Yes
B. No (1 - 100%)

6. Were any or all of the kit components returned because some were missing, damaged, etc.?
A. Yes
B. No (1 - 100%)

7. If so, how quickly did FOG get your item returned to you?
A. FAST!
B. acceptable
C. slow
D. Are they still in business?

8. Was installation truly "plug & play" with no wire splicing or cutting needed?
A. Yes (1 - 100%)
B. No

9. Since installation, have you had any issues of lamp flicker, non-start, or burn-out?
A. Yes, once or twice (1 - 100%)
B. Yes, constantly
C. No

10. If so, did you return the defective item to FOG for a replacement?
A. Yes
B. No (1 - 100%)

11. If so, how quickly did FOG get your item returned to you?
A. FAST!
B. acceptable
C. slow
D. Are they still in business?
1. A
2. A
3. A AND JUST ORDERED C (FOGS ON 8/4/06)
4. C
5. A
6. B
7. N/A
8. A
9. A.....2X'S....NOW FINE
10. B
11. N/A

BY THE WAY, IM COMPLETELY SATISFIED WITH MY FOG EXPERIENCE....I JUST ORDERED A SET FOR THE FOG LAMPS FROM THEM DIRECTLY....THEY HAVE GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE THUS FAR.

ONE THING TO REALIZE AS WELL IS THAT FOG WAS CUSTOM MAKING THESE THINGS FOR US.....DONT BELIEVE ME, DO A SEARCH FOR THE SAME BRAND HID'S CALLED XETRONIC AND LOOK AT THE PICS....WE GOT DIFFERENT BALLASTS AND THE ADAPTERS ARE PUT TOGETHER FOR US VS. THE BARE WIRES IN OTHER XETRONIC KITS.......WITH THAT BEING SAID, THERE IS GOING TO BE A DELAY IN SHIPPING WHEN THIS LARGE OF AN ORDER IS PLACED......ALL IN ALL A GOOD PRODUCT....CUT THEM SOME SLACK GUYS!

·
2,983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you - info incorporated.

·
LX Padiwan
319 Posts
C. Magnum

A. Yes

A. low beams

D. 8000k deep blue

B. No

6. Were any or all of the kit components returned/incomplete because some were missing, damaged, etc.?
B. No

7. If you answered "yes" to #6, how quickly did FOG get your item returned to you?
N/A

A. Yes (4 - 100%)

C. No

10. If you answered "yes" to #9, did you return the defective item to FOG for a replacement?
N/A

11. If you answered "yes" to #10, how quickly did FOG get your item returned to you?
N/A

Would I deal with them again? YES!! :rock:

·
Registered
404 Posts
Hey, i'm happy that you guys are having a poll about us and the HID kits. There was just a few things i wanted to point out. If you follow the post, there was two LX member who was having problem with the flickering because there was a mix up on some of the kits that was being unloaded when it arrived. There was a mix up on the Special ballast and the NON Special ballast. That cost us alot of time to get everything shipped out on time. If you guys are having problem, we will be happy to take care of that for you. We always try our best to help you guys out as much as we can.

Thanks
Wilson

·
Registered
404 Posts
Thanks for pointing that out. :rock:

pmpn8ez said:
1. A
2. A
3. A AND JUST ORDERED C (FOGS ON 8/4/06)
4. C
5. A
6. B
7. N/A
8. A
9. A.....2X'S....NOW FINE
10. B
11. N/A

BY THE WAY, IM COMPLETELY SATISFIED WITH MY FOG EXPERIENCE....I JUST ORDERED A SET FOR THE FOG LAMPS FROM THEM DIRECTLY....THEY HAVE GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE THUS FAR.

ONE THING TO REALIZE AS WELL IS THAT FOG WAS CUSTOM MAKING THESE THINGS FOR US.....DONT BELIEVE ME, DO A SEARCH FOR THE SAME BRAND HID'S CALLED XETRONIC AND LOOK AT THE PICS....WE GOT DIFFERENT BALLASTS AND THE ADAPTERS ARE PUT TOGETHER FOR US VS. THE BARE WIRES IN OTHER XETRONIC KITS.......WITH THAT BEING SAID, THERE IS GOING TO BE A DELAY IN SHIPPING WHEN THIS LARGE OF AN ORDER IS PLACED......ALL IN ALL A GOOD PRODUCT....CUT THEM SOME SLACK GUYS!

·
LX Newbie
41 Posts
1.C
2.A
3.A
4.C
5.A
6.B
8.A
9.C

I'm very happy with this mod. I'm getting a lot of thumbs up in Paris with those lights. People never seen that over here.

·
2,983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
pmpn8ez said:
No need to defend them - this is not an inquisition. However, alot of people are sensing dissatisfaction, and I want FOG's potential buyers to be able to see that the frustrated customers are a relative minority. Also, I am trying to capture the reason for their frustration. In addition, all good companies should want customer feedback - good and bad.

Wilson appears to be supportive of this exercise.

·
2,983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
survey responses updated.

·
2,983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
BUMP

Any other existing purchasers out there who would like to help by providing the requested info? Thanks!!

-Bryan

·
The NEW KRT
3,970 Posts
C. Magnum (5 - 83%)

B. No (1 - 17%)

A. low beams (6 - 75%)

C. 6000k aqua blue (4 - 50%)

B. No (4 - 57%)

B. No (6 - 83%)

A. Yes (7 - 100%)

A. Yes, once or twice (2 - 29%)

B. No (2 - 100%)

They were a little slow, and the lights work good. I have had flicker on start up some times but thats normal. Had one day where a light would not come on then the next day it worked. I think I pissed off the light GOD and then I prayed all night long and the Light GOD blessed me with it working since. You might have to try that.

·
2,983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks Dragon.

·
No replacement for displacement!
562 Posts
I was thinking of getting a set for my fogs. Anyone have any issues with those? How hard are they to install?

·
2,983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Installation is a breeze if you do not count accessing the bulbs. You have to remove some plastic from underneath to access them. Someone here will chime in with some addtional info. Ratman????

·
Dude, Where's my LX!?!?
4,291 Posts
After having seen mlkcartnz's install I would have to say that using some double sided mounting tape is your best bet. For the passenger side a good location for the ballast is on the wheel well just behind the headlamp assembly. As for the driver side, the frame rail under the headlamp assembly. I'm not sure if the air silencer box will be in the way as mlkcrtnz's is already removed. This has detailed instructions on headlamp removal along with some other interesting things.

http://www.lxforums.com/board/showthread.php?t=36719

·
LX Padiwan
670 Posts
C. Magnum

A. Yes

A. low beams

D. 8000k deep blue

A. Yes (I ordered late in the group Buy)

B. No

N/A

A. Yes

C. No

N/A

N/A

I would have no problem with placing another order with FactorOneGarage, they're an asset to LXForum!:rock: Hopefully those who have had problems with their HID's have had them rectified and are feeling the same way I do.

Robin

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.