LX Forums Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for experiences with polished concrete floors. This is where diamond grinders are used to polish a slab up to 1,500-3,000 grit. My slab will be post-tensioned, so surface cracking should be minimal. I plan to have saw cuts 1/8" deep on a 3-4' grid to give a simulated tile look and also hopefully control any surface cracks. We'll also have the surface colored.

So far, I have received 2 quotes. One contractor will polish the slab before any framing is installed, and put down a protectant layer of some kind. His price is $5 per sf.

The other wants all the walls in place before he will polish. Unfortunately this will mean the edges will have to be hand polished, which he says won't be uniform with the rest of the floor. He will put in a border around each wall to conceal this (which I am not too crazy about). His price is $7 per sf.

I'm still looking for other vendors.

Anyone have any experiences with polished concrete they could share?

· Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I'm looking for experiences with polished concrete floors. This is where diamond grinders are used to polish a slab up to 1,500-3,000 grit. My slab will be post-tensioned, so surface cracking should be minimal. I plan to have saw cuts 1/8" deep on a 3-4' grid to give a simulated tile look and also hopefully control any surface cracks. We'll also have the surface colored.

So far, I have received 2 quotes. One contractor will polish the slab before any framing is installed, and put down a protectant layer of some kind. His price is $5 per sf.

The other wants all the walls in place before he will polish. Unfortunately this will mean the edges will have to be hand polished, which he says won't be uniform with the rest of the floor. He will put in a border around each wall to conceal this (which I am not too crazy about). His price is $7 per sf.

I'm still looking for other vendors.
polished concrete gold coast
Anyone have any experiences with polished concrete they could share?
thanks in advance for any help

· Premium Member
1,258 Posts
Wish I could help. Our company just had a few warehouses done by Centimark but most likely none in CA ans industrial only. I will say I am impressed with the results of this choice. Even 40 year old floors with the scars to indicate it look great. Its like antique patina. The floor looks wet.
This vs. color or a floor system will not show damage as easy.

Floor Building City Flooring Engineering

· SRT Addict
250 Posts
I recently purchased a condo that has a very smooth, I would assume polished surface in the garage.
When the surface gets wet it’s as slippery as ice. I plan on using a coating with grit to alleviate this issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts