LX Forums Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
LX Newbie
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are some of the great cars and activities at the 2006 SRT Nationals. While we had some great LX cars show up and participate in every type of activity, we would love to have more LX's come out next year. Hopefully those that attended will let others know what the event was like and will help improve next years LX attendance. I have more pictures of the LX cars that attended if any of the owners would like the full size ones pm me with your email address and what car is yours. Nice meeting some of you and I hope to see you again next year.

·
LX Newbie
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
wisconsinmagnum said:
Is this the new Magnum SRT hood? or aftermarket???
I'm not sure. I took the pic and spent the rest of the time driving and making sure the event was being all it could be. Maybe the owner is on the forums and will let you know.

·
LX Padiwan
257 Posts
Thanks for sharing. Hoping to be part of it someday !

·
cbutler32
1,256 Posts
gdflys said:
So are these pictures enough to get people excited about next year or do I need to post more?
Greg,
in all fairness...
yes...
maybe some stories as well...
hearing that it was 100+ degrees...
only 45-50 cars...
and not a lot of other info...
and after you having done a mailer to every SRT owner...
either change the date...
change the venue...
or enlist some promoters throughout the country...
from the coasts...
it is 1000-1,200 miles...
not a huge enticement when the weather is good in your own backyard...
maybe a late summer or early fall date?

·
LX Newbie
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
cbutler32 said:
Greg,
in all fairness...
yes...
maybe some stories as well...
hearing that it was 100+ degrees...
only 45-50 cars...
and not a lot of other info...
and after you having done a mailer to every SRT owner...
either change the date...
change the venue...
or enlist some promoters throughout the country...
from the coasts...
it is 1000-1,200 miles...
not a huge enticement when the weather is good in your own backyard...
maybe a late summer or early fall date?
Ok here you go...First more pictures

Me

SRT-4 Caliber

NayKid Racing Viper

One Lap of America SRT-10 Ram Looks very big in your rearview mirror on the road course. Has a sticker on the hood. In the mirror it read slower traffic keep right. I had a bad fuel pump when one of the SRT Engineers was driving it up fast behind me. I kept right

Lux Performance Viper with a Corsa exhaust.

3R racing team's Viper and SRT-4 They suffered the most damage from Friday mornings wind storm. The tent above them was turned itno a pretzeled mess with some damage to both cars. The tent was tied to that tire rack which ended up on the opposite side of the Viper resting on top of it after beating it a few times:sad:

Woodhouse Viper

Dodge Motorsports Viper

·
LX Newbie
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thursday night was Hooters night. The girls came out to the track and handed out coupons for free hotwings:popcorn: They blocked off a whole parking lot for us to have VIP SRT parking

The only PT Cruiser to show and participate in the Track day:racing:

"Old" school and New School

Fastest car at the event 8 seconds and 180mph

More Hooters parking

One awesome sounding Durango

Some of the display cars

SCCA T2 car

The facilities were top notch. The track was very well maintained and had tons of paddoc room for expansion in the years to come. Wenesday I arrived and helped get the vendors and sponsors setup in their Midway positions. Kicker and Mopar Speedshop brought their huge tractor trailer setups. Both were very impressive. Other vendors arrived later including S&P, Corsa, Devils Own, FWD, Carbon by Design, TCE, SRT, and a few others. The Dodge Motorsports teams were running test sessions all day on the big track. Wednesday evening was the opening cerimonies and registration and pretech for the road course. Freebies and grab bags were given away.

Thursday was the HPDE on the road course. The event was completely full with 60 participants and close to 15 intructors and their cars. The temps were close to 110. I shot a track temperature of 156 degrees at one point during the day. It was hot to saythe least. We got approval to run with shorts and short sleeves due to the heat. :chill: The HPDE went very well with only one minor incident with a SRT-4 grazing a wall. There was a great mix of cars which included every model of SRT except the SRT-6.

Thrusday night was Hooters night. We had several Hooters girls come out to the track to take pictures with the cars as well as hand out free hotwings coupons for use later that evening. Hooters closed off an entire parking lot for the SRT's and a mini car show. Participants packed the resturant and before long there was a line to get in.

Friday was the heads up quick 16 drag racing day. Early Friday morning brought a wind storm that did some major damage to some of the big awnings for some of the Race Teams and Vendors. The morning was psent cleaning up and getting ready for the day. The wind storm although doing damage did bring some much needed releif from the heat. The temps were in the 70's for most of the day which was good for the drag times. About 50 or so cars entered in classes including 4 cyl street tire, 4 cylinder slick, 6/8 cylinder street and slick, and 10 cylinders. There were several exhibition passes by the pro drag cars.

Saturday was the last day of the event. Activities included a judged car show and auto-X competition as well as bracket racing on the drag strip. There were a gfew good runs during the auto-X and some fun to watch spins. Barcket racing was run concurrently which may be changed next year as some wanted to run both. Soon Silver Judas began playing some great rock tunes. They brough tin the participants for the raffle and awards. After the driving events we began the raffle give away which lucky winners received almost $20,000 worth of prizes from Full blown turbo kits to race heads to gauges and exhausts. There was a little something for everyone. Then came the awards for the car show, drag racing, and autoX. Everyone started to get packed up and head back to the host hotel for the banquet. Some decent food and a few speeches later and the event was coming to a close.

I still don't have final car numbers but it was close to 200. We had the banquet catered for 300 people and only had a few tables open. We have already begun the process of finding out what we could do to improve the event for next year. The location although some distance from the larger metropolitan areas is central and has great facilities. The track was one of the best I have ever been to. While the temps were high the first two days the were comfortable the last two. We are also looking at when the event should be scheduled next year. Sometime in the summer when schools out works best for most people.

While we didn't get thousands of cars to show this year, we did improve the attendance over last year by close to 400%. We hope to increase it by that much again next year. To do so we are looking for help from the different SRT communities to help get the word out about this great event.

·
LX Goo'Roo
3,537 Posts
Ozzies Big Trip to the SRT Nationals

INTRODUCTION

Back in early March, Greg Delp posted a thread promoting the SRT Nationals in Topeka Kansas. I didn't have an SRT. OzWagon 1.0, is a pretty quick R/T, but no match for the SRTs. But it looked like it would be a ton of fun anyway, so I signed up immediately, figuring there'd be a large contingent of LXForum racer types to hang out with, maybe even caravan with cross-country.

As the months flew by, it became apparent that there was NOT going to be very many LXForum members at this event. Hmmm, never mind, I would get to see some of the country I'd never seen on this road trip, and meet a stack of new people with similar interests, so it would be great fun anyway.

Early June saw a big change in the Oz camp. My online beating up of Dodge dealerships finally bore fruit. The car I'd been lusting after for about 18 months - priced out of my range by the $6000-$10,000 "market value" surcharges local dealerships were commanding - was mine!.

A 2006 Brilliant Black Pearl Magnum SRT8, loaded to the gills with all three option groups, side airbags, and sunroof, came off the Brampton assembly line in May, and in June became OzWagon 2.0. This trip was definitely going to be REAL fun now!

THE TRIP BEGINS

Boiling hot when I left L.A. on the 17th. Ozwagon 2.0 looked incredible. I'd managed to put a bit over 2000 miles on it in the preceding weeks, and it was nicely broken in and rarin' to go!

Across CA, through Nevada, a quick run through the NW corner of Arizona and into Utah. very hot, and the sky looks really weird.....kinda strange clouds, dark and dirty....then.....oh sh**..... there's ash falling on the OzWagon. Wildfires! For the next 100 miles or so, the OzWagon negotiated falling ash, a dust storm, sprinking rain and then searing heat. So much for the cool looking wax job! Haaa!!! But there was a bright spot, I-15 was being closed in various locations, but we managed to avoid being blocked, and just made it onto I-70 before the highway was closed completely.

Getting hot around here

So much for the wax job!

Southern Utah is really breathtaking in places.

On into Colorado, and through the Rockies. What a run! Gorgeous country! Averaging 20 mpg. Not too bad considering the speeds and exuberant driving put in.

Great run through the Rockies!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.