LX Forums Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Recovering perfectionist
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What am I missing?

I never see pics in threads (pics posted by users). For example, I'll see a thread titled, "My New X" and I'll open it to find a post that asks, "What do you think?" But no pic. Then, there will be several replies saying, "I like it!" and so forth. So, obviously there is a pic there somewhere. But I see none.

·
Playing with crayons
8,041 Posts
Check your browser setting for Images also check your USER CP on LXforum in Edit Options check" Show Images (including attached images and images in code)"
here is a test .jpg image
[IMG]http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f353/Hazman111/IMG_1006sm.jpg

·
Premium Member
7,643 Posts
What browser are you using?

Do you see pictures on ANY website you go to, or is this one the only one you don't see images on?

·
Recovering perfectionist
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm using Firefox and images in general work fine. Just not images people on this forum put in their posts (I do see images in sigs, for example).

I've checked the Control Panel for LXForums. It looks right.

Thanks

·
This Space for Sale ... Cheap
12,586 Posts
kwiebe said:
I'm using Firefox and images in general work fine. Just not images people on this forum put in their posts (I do see images in sigs, for example).

I've checked the Control Panel for LXForums. It looks right.

Thanks
Is anything there (IE: a red X) or is it just blank?

Is it only forum attachments?

Is it someone's picture that was linked in from an outside site that you may have blocked?

If attachments are not showing, could you post a screen shot?

Thanks!

·
Recovering perfectionist
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
CLENOFF said:
Sometimes we Forum dwellers exceed the poster's bandwidth trying to get a look, which temporarily causes the red x.
No red x. Nothing in the post indicates a picture is supposed to be there (other than the text written by the poster).

·
Premium Member
7,643 Posts
Are you on dialup? A lot of times the pics are so huge it would take forever for the pics to download. I think there is a setting in there to show the page as it draws, maybe turn that on.

·
First AWD LX in the 12's N/A
8,067 Posts
Could be the pic sites are blocked. I can't see them when I log in from work.

·
Recovering perfectionist
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Magically Started Working

I made no changes, but perhaps opening up the user CP and closing it again reset the image-viewing settings. Either that, or someone is messing w/me, because all of a sudden images are viewable from this site. As I said, this was an LXForums-specific issue...

Anyway, all appears to be working now.

Thanks for the assist.

Ken

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.