LX Forums Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Wow what a great bunch! It was really fun to meet every one. :banana:

Here's a few quick pics. You other people are welcome to share yours here too. We all had cameras.
All together

left side

right side

Best line up of all with owners.

The dining group

Jeez a girl gets no privacy in the bathroom even. Don had my friend Amy ambush me.

And one last car that deserves merits for the mods. They apparently blew the budget at JC Whitney. Notable for the when pigs fly ornament and the kissing sumos on the dash not that there is anything wrong with that. We had a hard time getting Magnum Maniac to leave as he was determine to trade his Magnum straight across for it. :wink:

·
Inspired Performance
6,332 Posts
Great pics, IRock! :thumbs_u: You weren't joking about having these up before I got home! Among my favorite is the "look Mom, no hands!" ambush shot. :wink:

I was OK on the Volvo, but what really put it over the top was the Grateful Dead decal on the back glass. Also, among the dirt , I am SURE there is an Evergreen State decal. We are still negotiating, but I think it will come down to my Mag plus cash.....:grin:

A pleasure meeting everyone, and look forward to seeing you all again! :banana:

·
The King Nitwit!
9,974 Posts
Great photo's IRock. Looks like you all had a great time. I was thinking about your meet today while I was sweating over in MoseLake working my butt off!!!

hahahaha "I wish it was that easy to work off"

·
Fade to Black, Flat Black
111 Posts
Great pics iRock. It was great meeting everyone today. I'll keep an eye out for future LX meetings up north.

·
Premium Member
12,532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Magnum Maniac said:
Great pics, IRock! :thumbs_u: You weren't joking about having these up before I got home! Among my favorite is the "look Mom, no hands!" ambush shot. :wink:

I was OK on the Volvo, but what really put it over the top was the Grateful Dead decal on the back glass. Also, among the dirt , I am SURE there is an Evergreen State decal. We are still negotiating, but I think it will come down to my Mag plus cash.....:grin:

A pleasure meeting everyone, and look forward to seeing you all again! :banana:
Hey those no hands are clean! Make sure if you throw in cash it is
Greenbacks!

·
Premium Member
12,532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
rtgrimesc230 said:
Great pics iRock. It was great meeting everyone today. I'll keep an eye out for future LX meetings up north.
I enjoyed it and the trip home was quick. with those slugs in the way I couldn't get beside you to wave good bye so I had to pass you on the off ramp. Most times I have done that I am going faster than a slow car poking on the freeway. :wink: Fun day and that is a great mid way spot. We need to get more people from farther north and more people from your area. A Mount St Helens cruise would be kinda central too. That would be different.
See ya! Nice pics

·
Alter ego of MyMaggieMae...
11,785 Posts
It was a great time. Glad to see some familiar faces again, and also glad to meet some new ones. I've yet to go to a bad LX meeting!!! :rock:

Nice pics iRock. Your's are better than mine, so I don't have any to add.

·
The King Nitwit!
9,974 Posts
iRock said:
Missed you Slim, didn't know your trip was work related. That means road trip wasn't in the Magnum. Don't you long haul? Catch you next time.
Thanks, sooner or later we'll meet.

I don't long haul, but we have a customer that works 7 days a week now, and they expect us to deliver 7 days also. The weekend work is all vollunteer overtime. Seniority rules out !!! WooHoo. So whenever I want a little extra money to spend on my magnum I work a weekend.

Speaking of a St. Helens trip, I'm all in. Leesa, my girfriend grew up 14 miles from the mountain. She has never made the trip up to see all the observation centers though. It would be awesome to have photo's of all our cars with that backdrop.

Someone start making plans....:pepper:

·
Mango Mafia
743 Posts
Sure was a great time. The "family" just keeps growing and it is great.
My son surprised me further by joining this family, as he informed me that he is now Rainkid on this board. :) made me proud.

·
The King Nitwit!
9,974 Posts
Rainman said:
Sure was a great time. The "family" just keeps growing and it is great.
My son surprised me further by joining this family, as he informed me that he is now Rainkid on this board. :) made me proud.
Excellent Rick, glad to see the one on one time helped spread the LX love !

·
Premium Member
12,532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Rainman, noticed your son was a very nice kid. Respectful and polite. So when does he get to drive?

Slim I grew up about 20 miles or so on the opposite side of MSH. Is Leesa from the Castle Rock area? We went up as late as October and it was still nice. Key thing is a clear day or you don't see anything.

·
The King Nitwit!
9,974 Posts
iRock said:
Is Leesa from the Castle Rock area? We went up as late as October and it was still nice. Key thing is a clear day or you don't see anything.
She grew up in Randle. Or at least close enough to town to go to school there. She told me that she had to go to either Toledo or castle rock to play basketball every day, I guess they didn't have a gym? hmmmm I'll have to ask her again why next time she's awake. :zzz:

Edit: We went up to all the observation centers about 7 years ago, it was sunny and beautiful that day.

·
Mango Mafia
743 Posts
iRock said:
Rainman, noticed your son was a very nice kid. Respectful and polite. So when does he get to drive?
Thank you iRock. I'm of course a proud dad, and he is a good son when he isn't a pain in the [email protected]@ teen :D. Really is a good you man of 14 so he has a few years before he drives. His older sister who has a learners permit has had some driving time on the Charger.

·
Premium Member
12,532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Rainman nice car for the kids to get to drive in(or ride in). My parents had what I considered then ugly cars.

Small world Slim, Randle is where I grew up. Or rather between there and Glenoma. I was born in Morton and went to high school in Randle. I'm probably related to half the valley up there. We moved to Onalaska in 1986. My parents had the store named after them called Gene & Barb's. It's 3 miles west of Randle on 12.

·
GOOD MEAT TAKES A LONG TIME!
21,543 Posts
Nice pics iRock. Paradise or St Helens is all good. Maybe a nice cruise with a picnic at the top?
Also it's nice to see some new rides and faces. (Not that I'm bored with the old ones!) Glad to see that the group is growing so nicely. You're all a great group of friends. :not_worth

·
The King Nitwit!
9,974 Posts
iRock said:
Rainman nice car for the kids to get to drive in(or ride in). My parents had what I considered then ugly cars.

Small world Slim, Randle is where I grew up. Or rather between there and Glenoma. I was born in Morton and went to high school in Randle. I'm probably related to half the valley up there. We moved to Onalaska in 1986. My parents had the store named after them called Gene & Barb's. It's 3 miles west of Randle on 12.
That is too cool. You have Leesa's curiousity going now. She graduated in 84, and she is courious what your full name is. If you don't mind you could pm me a little more info. She remembers the store and use to frequent it. (lol)

·
Premium Member
12,532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Weet Paradise would be nice too. Both are great drives.

For anyone following this thread yes I went to school with an older cousin of Leesa's and she knew of my family and my husband's cousin. If you knew what a small town we came from it's amazing what a cool coincidence this is.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.