LX Forums Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Founder of ALX
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering If anyone with either the 5.7 or the 6.1 have run straight pipes from the cats back without any muffler or resonator? (Even if it was just for fun during the stock to catback change over.)

Interesting to know what issues this may bring with it (other then possible back pressure concerns) and how loud these hemi's can be.

·
Speed on... Hell ain't half full
24,673 Posts
go2496 (or some variation of those numbers) had straight pipes w/ the exception of a pair of cherry bombs... sounded mean as hell!

·
LX Guru
14,153 Posts
When my car was new, tried a set of Flowmaster 40's and straight pipes. Drone and other than wot it sounded like crap. The Borla 112 passed the wife test.

·
Movin and shakin
1,900 Posts
I've been running this config into REALLY long (I think 24") 3.5"stainless tips for about a year now. I plan on ditching it for a full cat back exhaust soon. I get too much attention from cops and it sounds like a$$ when it kicks into 4 cyl mode. I just drive around with autostick now because I like the sound otherwise. I still haven't heard it outside the car but I heard it gets real throaty and loud real quick off idle. It's a 50/50 split on the sound, either people tell me it sounds AWESOME or it sounds like ####. I personally wouldn't waste the time trying it unless you were going to get Zoomers cannon tips to shoot out the back.

Good luck,
-Steve

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.