LX Forums Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
'waste of skin'
12,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have this grille on order. I have a black Mag. I was think of have the lip around the grille and the center rib( all the same plane) painted brilliant black and the rest a matted gray. What do you think???

dark

·
345 Go!
1,160 Posts
Darth going 'old skool' on us? R U wanting to make it look like a muscle car grill with he silver?

I'm not sure the opening is big enough for that to look right...

hmmmm I'd say go all body color like Mr. Vanilla.

·
'waste of skin'
12,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
wbornio said:
Darth going 'old skool' on us? R U wanting to make it look like a muscle car grill with he silver?

I'm not sure the opening is big enough for that to look right...

hmmmm I'd say go all body color like Mr. Vanilla.
Ya want something different. I thought the dark gray would give it that old school look but perhaps not.

·
Formerly HLY CRAP
2,337 Posts
I think all black. You want to keep that stealth look you have achieved.

·
I'm releasing the flying monkeys!
1,468 Posts
It's a little hard for me to envision, but I think stick with all black. If you had other gray accents on your ride, then the gray would work better. IMO, black cars look good because of their sinister nature. When you two-tone them, they lose that appeal and look more like a limo. But as always, that's just me and it's not my money. Whatever you like will be the best.

·
High Power Junkie
16,628 Posts
Hey nice rig you've shown there :wink:

I know you've seen this Darth: http://www.lxforums.com/board/showpost.php?p=350269&postcount=12

If I'm you, I go all matte first. Install it, drive it for a couple weeks and let the look grow on you. Then you'll be in a much better position to decide. If I had to predict, I'm gonna predict you'll leave it matte. But, again, install that puppy and let is sink in over a couple weeks of driving.

·
'waste of skin'
12,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
chuckles_1205 said:
Where you guys getting those grill ordered at? I would love to have one.
The grill is available at any Home Depot or Target or Hardwares store.

JK mopower on this forum makes them. PM him. Tell him I sent you because unlike Ernie I get a 100.00 stippen.

·
Premium Member
7,643 Posts
my opinion is that this grill makes the front of the magnum look like a catfish with an open mouth. Paint it any color you want, but don't install it would be my vote.

·
Premium Member
7,643 Posts
I'm afraid to say that yes I do. However, I will keep my mouth shut about it unless asked an opinion though.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.