LX Forums Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Im Back in Black!!!!
4,449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to the dealer today to get my oil changed and whats sitting on the showroom floor...and nice shiny inferno red MSRT8 ....Oh man its beautiful :grin: ....So the salesmen asks if he can help me I said i already have a Magnum R/t and im sure it will be very costly to get out of my car into the Magnum str8 , well he said you have time anyways since you waiting for an oil change ...I'll run some numbers for you...Ok he comes back, with what i owe on my car and that car with only a $1000.00 down its like 700 a month So what do you think is that bad???? ....I want that car!!! I test drove one on the lot they are weird feeling they have a kinda lag then it all of a sudden kicks in throws you into the back seat weird mine doesnt seem to do that....Is that they way they are??? or does it have to break in????....Now here's another ? will my K&N CAI fit that car or do i have to buy another one.....Well thanks for the help I NEED IT....:grin:

·
I'll be back...someday
3,642 Posts
what are you payin now for your payment and do you have any problems making it? might want to check out the insurance increase also

·
LX Padiwan
1,901 Posts
My Hemi said:
I went to the dealer today to get my oil changed and whats sitting on the showroom floor...and nice shiny inferno red MSRT8 ....Oh man its beautiful :grin: ....So the salesmen asks if he can help me I said i already have a Magnum R/t and im sure it will be very costly to get out of my car into the Magnum str8 , well he said you have time anyways since you waiting for an oil change ...I'll run some numbers for you...Ok he comes back, with what i owe on my car and that car with only a $1000.00 down its like 700 a month So what do you think is that bad???? ....I want that car!!! I test drove one on the lot they are weird feeling they have a kinda lag then it all of a sudden kicks in throws you into the back seat weird mine doesnt seem to do that....Is that they way they are??? or does it have to break in????....Now here's another ? will my K&N CAI fit that car or do i have to buy another one.....Well thanks for the help I NEED IT....:grin:
The lag was probably because you were in a parkinglot not being able to fully let the beast open up....

What numbers did the sales guy give you? Trade-in amount, approx what do you owe on the R/T, price of the MSRT8...? $700 sounds good, but we need more specifics to know if it is really good or not.

Good luck.

·
CliffB
302 Posts
Same thing happened to me last Sat. Our local dealer had an inferno red MSRT8 too. It was the only car in the showroom 38,900. emp. price. I had to get the hell outta there quick, I'm too impulsive. Sure was sweet though.

·
Premium Member
7,643 Posts
Just go buy it. You know you want to.

·
Im Back in Black!!!!
4,449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok i owe like 25,000 i think left....it is a lease car my payments now or a little over 500 ......A $1000.00 down and i think he said 700 and change? he is runing the real numbers threw the bank and will let me know Monday Oh yeah this will be Financed ..not leased...How much more is insurnace then a R/T hemi?

·
2006 Mag SRT Owner
13,441 Posts
It sounds close enough that the dealer won't come and get it back in the middle of the night;)

If you like it and you feel it is a fair deal and you can afford it, take it home. The CAI will work, but you'll have to piece together the beather vent hose... the 5.7 one won't line straight up with the 6.1. The throttlebodys are the same size.

Don

·
Im Back in Black!!!!
4,449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah thanks Guys he said this was a good deal i think it is? I will see the final price Monday you know thats always subject to change....Im glad the CAI will work now i wonder if the flowmaster 17405 will fit or is the stock STR8 exhaust better stock then the flowmaster?...Oh yeah what do the MSTR8's run in the 1/4 anyways?

·
Registered
416 Posts
If the numbers are $39,000+$1000 and your $25,000 then my opinion is to up grade the R/T for less money to equal/exceed the SRT. Less than $6000 will get you there on motor. Just my opinion though.

·
Speed on... Hell ain't half full
24,673 Posts
Yeah, but the brembo's and 20's are worth a few grand on their own. Add the nicer seats, the stiffer suspension... the SRT-8 would be worth it. I'm paying $599.31 on my R/T right now... so an extra $100/month seems worth it to me ('cept I don't have another hundred laying around :p)

·
Im Back in Black!!!!
4,449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yeah i think if i can get it for $700.00 or a little more i think im going to go for it...what the hell you only live once.....:grin:

·
LX Padiwan
162 Posts
$700 per month purchase or lease?
Purchase, I say the #s don't add up.....
Lease...... watch the miles, and, is that $700 PLUS TAX, or INCLUDING TAX?

·
rest in peace dad
15,811 Posts
:bump:but i have way tooo much dropped into my car! way to much mods...
Gameboy said:
Wow! $700? I wonder if I can swing a deal like that? (damn! I should never had read this post!)

·
Im Back in Black!!!!
4,449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
MomsR/T said:
they add up if you figure it for 72 months and not 60 like ya'll are thinking
Bingo you gota right its not going to be a lease my Mag R/T is now there getting me out of the lease i have to come up with $1000 down and payments will be in the area of $700 a month i say a little more probably...maybe like 720 or 730 but hey i pay 538.00 now....so its a little more but hey look what it is....:banana:

·
LX Newbie
2 Posts
Sounds like alot of monthly payment- Tell the sales to go back and call you at $625, theres not people lining up for a 12,13 mpg vehicle,the insurance is not much more they see v8 and value of car. There is alot of diffrence in a rt and srt8 to go aftermarket your looking at 13-14,000 didnot include interior or hood lid-srt8 stock exhaust has larger tubes. The lags there you have to buy a hand held computer and get someone who can redial the engine and trannie or learn how to hand shift. Get the dealer to start calling you, they can work down your payment good luck

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.