LX Forums Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
J to da Weezy..Baby!!
4,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a recorded race, and i wanna show you all, but the dude who recorded, recorded with a camcorder, so it was in .VOB. format on a dvd, so i converted it to .Mpeg with MpegCutter...i have sound and everything, but the File is 344mb. so I can compress it...no problem.

Here is the problem, i want to edit it with Windows Movie Maker, but it says i dont have the correct codecs, which do i need?

Jweezy

·
E skeud teñval tourioù gell
3,450 Posts

·
J to da Weezy..Baby!!
4,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok, i tried downloading a package, but it didnt work, i will try some more, I am thinking, just compressing it, but i dont wanna lose quality. But with that, i cant edit it, or add, titles and so forth.

Justin

·
LX Guru
2,871 Posts
Use XVID or DIVX to compress it. You'll get the best possible compression with the best possible quality.

As far as editing it goes, you might want to see if "Wax" (free video program found by google search) can edit a MPEG file. I use it to edit AVI files and then I compress the uncompressed AVIs to DIVX or XVID depending on which I want at the time or which I feel like playing with.

·
3,450 Posts
Jweezy said:
But with that, i cant edit it, or add, titles and so forth.
Quit acting like a ricer! We don't care about "fancy" graphics and racing stripes, just get the video up! :racing: :racing: :racing:

·
Registered
7,312 Posts
you can find virtualdub free online. If you make a quicktim out of it using the animation codec, it will be a generic .mov and you can use it in any application, even movie maker. You can then export another quicktime for the web. The sorenson codec at medium settings will do ya fine. I always make quicktimes for the web 10 frames per second too to help keep file sizes to a minimal. I export em at 320X240 and use qualcom purevoice audio compression. I don't think you will have the qualcom audio option in movie maker but you can do everything else. Export it mono, that'll help with file size too.

·
3,450 Posts

·
J to da Weezy..Baby!!
4,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
im working on somethings here still at work but i will try to see what i can do when i get home tonight?

thanks for the program recommendations...i hope these things work...any ideaz on bluring out my license plates,lol...if not thats ok.

·
J to da Weezy..Baby!!
4,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
67alecto said:
Quit acting like a ricer! We don't care about "fancy" graphics and racing stripes, just get the video up! :racing: :racing: :racing:
its still 344mb, i cant find a way to compress it, i am goin to try when i get home, but there is no sites that will accept a 344 mb video, nor do i want to upload a 344 mb video.

Justin

·
LX Guru
2,871 Posts
Send me the video and I'll compress it. Or search for "XVID Windows Binaries" on google and download XVID.

Better yet read the video guides for XVID or DIVX at http://www.doom9.net That's where I learned what was needed to compress video FREEly.

Good luck Jweezy. If you can't get it going overnight or priority mail a cd to me and I'll compress it for you. That program WAX has all sorts of effects and transitions. It might have something in there you can use to blur a plate.

·
Premium Member
7,643 Posts
Install WinDVD on your computer, and give you the ability to watch dvd's if you have a dvd drive in your computer. That will put the DVD codecs you need. Then use windows movie maker to make your movie.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.