LX Forums Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2009 Chrysler 300 LX 2.7 Red oil light on dash on continuously some days and off all day other days, Checked pressure with a gauge - normal .Replaced oil pressure sensor with mopar part - same symptoms. I want to check wiring - this is the single wire type sensor , wiring diagrams I found here only show the 3 wire sensor used in the V8,
Want to trace the wire from oil pressure sensor to I assume it goes to PCM but no idea what connector and pin.
Any help appreciated

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Had the same problem on a 2007 Sebring. If the old oil switch had oil in it then it wicked up to the C100 connector. Right rear of the engine. I got a new pig tail connector and wired it close to PCM. C1 connector pin 20. Violet or purple wire with grey stripe.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes my connector was full of oil, cleaned it out
With contact cleaner and air but obviously it wouldn’t clean the wire up to the PCM. Where did you get the pigtail connector? All the ones I see at the auto parts stores seem to be the three wire type and mine is only a single wire thanks

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Had the same problem on a 2007 Sebring. If the old oil switch had oil in it then it wicked up to the C100 connector. Right rear of the engine. I got a new pig tail connector and wired it close to PCM. C1 connector pin 20. Violet or purple wire with grey stripe.
OK does your new wire go from oil sensor to C100 connector and then to C1 pin 20 on PCM ? Or did you bypass C100 and wire directly from oil sensor to C1 pin 20 ?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts