LX Forums Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
LX Newbie
904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, just went out at lunch and had my first oil change on my 06 Charger Daytona (5,003 km's)
I went with Mobil 1 5w20 (6.5 bottles)

Also went over to PartsSource and got myself a drop in K&N filter. I know it's probably in my head, but the car flat out sounds better and seems to run smoother.

Anyway, even if it's in my head, It makes me feel great! I had a bunch of cops come over while I was at Lick's for lunch. They had some great remarks about the charger and can't wait till their department get's a few of them. Nothing makes me feel better then to get a bunch of guys (or girls!) make sweet remarks about my car!

All in all, it was a good lunch outing!

Scott
Top Banana 159 of 250!

·
LX Guru
2,871 Posts
Excellent. I like my K&N drop-in. I have read a couple places that said people were getting oil in their air tubes going into the enging and getting grime in there also.

I've had mine for 11k miles and my tube is clean as can be. I'll be testing my oil in a couple weeks and can confirm whether or not this filter does as good a job at filtering as K&N says. If my synthetic oil has lots of silica (sand) in it from the desert around here, then I'll change filters. Otherwise I'll ride on happy as can be too.

Thread for Oil Analysis

·
Great White Shark
122 Posts
lumpy92 said:
Wow, looks pretty cool. How are they rated?
Are they really $80 for a drop in, or can you buy them cheaper?
Yes, you can get them cheaper. The only reason that I picked it over the K&N was that I had an e-coupon of sorts for a webstore that excluded its use for a number brand names, K&N included (but not for Green).

My understanding (and this is strictly from anecdotal sources) is that the Green uses the same technology as K&N, but exhibits better fit and finish when compared to K&N, possibly even offering a greater surface area than the equivalent K&N.

·
Absent From Malaise
4,553 Posts
I had a K&N drop-in filter in my Magnum for about 2 months and it fit excellent. I dunno why this came up. Maybe I was just lucky.

If I would have known you were looking for one I would have sold it for $20.00 Its just sitting there. I have a recharge kit also. Oh well.

·
Registered
2,582 Posts
MooNDoGGie said:
I had a K&N drop-in filter in my Magnum for about 2 months and it fit excellent. I dunno why this came up. Maybe I was just lucky.

If I would have known you were looking for one I would have sold it for $20.00 Its just sitting there. I have a recharge kit also. Oh well.
Andrew... I'll take it off your hands!!

·
Great White Shark
122 Posts
MooNDoGGie said:

I'd have bought that! :)

Again, all I have about Green is anecdotal--which could come from folks who were just trying to convince themselves that the extra expense over K&N was worth it.

I know a lot of people are completely satisfied with K&N, and I've no doubt that I would also be, as well.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.