LX Forums Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, my dad and aunt decided that I needed to go with them to Ohio for some older family members b-day that I've never met... So thought it would be a great opportuniuty to get roadtrip on the Mag.. So we are cruising along and boom, a QUARTER MILE from the hotel in Ohio, I get busted for going 82 in a 60... lasered :( I could see the hotel from the Highway :( oh well it is only $121, since it my "1st offence" he said... of course he said "if you want to go to court it is blah blah:blah: " to which i chuckled cuz I aint stickin around for that :).. of course the question is, if and when my insuance company will find out... he just looked at it quickly, didn't take any info from the insurance card... oh welll.. thought I'd share my misery... it's gonna be a slow next few days until i forget about the cops and go back to speeding...:Na_Na_Na_Na:

·
MagMike
709 Posts
Yes, you have to really watch out for the State Patrol in Ohio. I grew up there. They are real Nazis when it comes to speed although 82 in a 60 is pretty blatant! I find it interesting that when I moved to Arizona from Ohio the first time I was one point away from losing my license because of speed and the whole time I lived in Arizona I had no speeding tickets. Mind you, I didn't change my driving habits, just my location. When I was back in Ohio from 1996 to 2000, again I had 2 speeding tickets. Then back from Ohio to Arizona in 2000 (permanently), you guessed it - no speeding tickets. I went back to Ohio to visit this summer and found it difficult to adjust to 55-65 speed limits on the freeways. Living in Arizona and having the 75 speed limit is so nice. On my way home from Phoenix, I just go with the flow of traffic at 80-85 and we do that while passing DPS cars sitting in the median.
Mik

1,491 Posts
mikoazca said:
On my way home from Phoenix, I just go with the flow of traffic at 80-85 and we do that while passing DPS cars sitting in the median.
Mik
Yeah. DPS is sitting in the center median waiting about 30 seconds longer and then getting a chucklehead doing 95+.

·
E skeud teñval tourioù gell
3,450 Posts
LP81 said:
.. of course the question is, if and when my insuance company will find out... he just looked at it quickly, didn't take any info from the insurance card...
It will still be on your record. Some insurance companies won't pull it unless you get in an accident (after the initial pull when you signed up). Other companies pull them on a regular schedule (monthly, quarterly, etc).

When I was 16, I got 3 or 4 tickets pretty quickly. My mom or I never said anything to the insurance company, and they never checked my record. But, they were assuming that because I didn't have any accidents and I had the good student discount, I didn't have any tickets.

·
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmK
753 Posts
that shouldnt even go on your record if your out of state. I have gotten tickets out of state before and they never showed up. I just sent in a check to the state and never heard anything else. Now of course if you move to that state then they will get you!

·
Registered
7,409 Posts
Gotta watch out in OH for sure. We live right next door and we've learned that you should stay well within the 5 over rule if you don't want to draw attention. And if one is ahead of you... do DO NOT want to pass him at any speed... Even if they're going slightly below the limit, they WILL pull you over for passing them!

·
Premium Member
2,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
mikoazca said:
... found it difficult to adjust to 55-65 speed limits on the freeways. Living in Arizona and having the 75 speed limit is so nice...
Yea it was pretty crappy since I am from IL and theres only a handful of highways near me that have a speedlimit of 65... all the rest are 55... then I get to IN and Ohio and get all 70mphs so i thought I be good for a while since there is nothing but corn (and obvious cops :)) oh well I'll be sending a check right when i get home monday (unless they take CC over the net) havn't checked into that yet.. I am too pooped from meeting relatives i never knew I had, playing games and sitting in the hot tun for a few hours with the garbage bag on my arm cuz of my stupid cast... oh well that comes off in a week, then physical therapy... FUN...

·
Ride my famous Murder Ride
774 Posts
GoofyTimL said:
Gotta watch out in OH for sure. We live right next door and we've learned that you should stay well within the 5 over rule if you don't want to draw attention. And if one is ahead of you... do DO NOT want to pass him at any speed... Even if they're going slightly below the limit, they WILL pull you over for passing them!
Now aint that just weird ... they're driving like a putz talking to one of their hood-lizards (or somethin) on the cell and pull ya over for passing them?? I was pulled over for passing a deputy and was still 5MPH under the speed limit ... didn't get a ticket or anything. I guess they are the official freeway pace cars.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.