LX Forums Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Situation: Wife's A/C no work on Jeep (02 GC). Drop off...compressor bad, lines bad etc. Car is on extended warranty and has 43K on it.

They charge for all new part sunder my warranty sooo...I go to look for all the new parts under hood and what do I see ...still the old compressor, the old lines etc. The only thing they replace was one line with a shiny can on it (evaporator ??).

So now what to do?? any one ever have this problem and can anyone give some advice before I go make a stink. I'm a little ticked off they did this and when I picked the jeep up the a/c seemed like it worked but not as cold as it should be.

Do I get Chrysler involved or is it a local business issue?? what to do??

thanks

Stell

·
345 Go!
1,160 Posts
Sounds like some form of 'insurance fraud'.

I'll wait for the DCX employees to respond.
Should be interesting to see what they say... :popcorn:

Sorry for your trouble at the stealership.

·
A Soldiers' Mom
4,562 Posts
Do you have an itemized receipt? Go back and ask them to show you everything they replaced according to the receipt. Tell them it doesn't feel as cold as before and you want to be sure you aren't getting ripped off with just checking it and recharging the AC.

·
Premium Member
11,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
moparman53 said:
So what you're saying is they "replaced" parts and charged them to DCX via the warranty, but didn't actually replace what they said they did?
Tha's what I am saying...but I don't know how the extended warranty works? Does DC actually eat it or is it the dealership...I know that DC eats it up 36,000 miles but who eats it after that. The extended warranty was purchased through the dealer and I believe it was a DC warranty...so I'm thinking that the dealership would be in some major trouble. The other thought going through my head is that they used my car's warranty to actually get the parts and they used it to fix someone else's car...now that would burn me it if that would cause me problems down the road....I am going to call them this afternoon and see what happens. Can't wait to hear this.

Stell

·
Premium Member
11,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
magnum lover said:
Do you have an itemized receipt? Go back and ask them to show you everything they replaced according to the receipt. Tell them it doesn't feel as cold as before and you want to be sure you aren't getting ripped off with just checking it and recharging the AC.
yup.. looked at the receipt and they have the compressor on there as being replaced!!

·
vajazzle it!....;)
15,798 Posts
Dude-
Put your biggest... pointy-est.. pair of boots on, and start kickin' some a$$ !!

·
Fossil Fuel Aficionado
11,025 Posts
Looks like someone at the dealer is going to have some explaining to do.

Good luck

·
Speed on... Hell ain't half full
24,673 Posts
You can get people fired and arrested for that... and if the dealership is a 5-star, well, they won't be anymore. It's kind of up to you... do you narc them out and stick it to 'em good, or basically blackmail them into free service for life. Just remember... all 7,513 of us and tens of thousands of others all have to eat the cost from people pulling that stuff... if it's a warranty repair, the dollars come from DCX.

·
Premium Member
11,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ok spoke with the service guy...very nice guy by the way...have known him for 6 years...He said "oh boy that's a problem...bring it in tomorrow"

I was pretty nice about it ...hopefully they will get it resolved ...but I do hope that someone gets a shaaaalaaaking from this...will let all know what happens...

yeah I thought about the blackmail thing...I guess the Mag could use some free services once warranty expires...but the Karma thing is keeping me from doing that ...maybe Karma wasn't working for me to bring this on :blam:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.