LX Forums Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
code mechanic
465 Posts
I have been using the stock shocks & didn't have any "bottoming" with a 280 lb. tongue weight on a 3400 lb. trailer ...

I was using the HiddenHitch hardware (300 lb tongue weight/3500 lb towed weight limits), not the Mopar. The Mopar hitch is much better hidden (totally invisible when not in use) but has a 200 lb tongue weight / 2000 lb towed weight limit unless you are using a "load leveling" attachment to the trailer hitch itself (this add-on typically runs $300-350 US) which ups limits to 350/3800.

All bets off if running SRT8 - no towing allowed on that package!

Nick

·
LX Newbie
115 Posts
Nivomats also use a very soft spring to allow them to pump up and the car bounces.
While I never read that part of the book (no towing with an SRT8!) I couldn't fathom an RT pulling that size boat.

·
Looking for something new.
2,182 Posts
Yes, you can add all parts of the tow package except for the oil cooler which is in side the radiator housing. The wire harness 4 & 7 both are routed the same way and both the install of the hitch and harness are described in the KB and the suspension is in detail at the Hotchkis website.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.