LX Forums Forum banner

Where should next year's S.E. Shindig be held??

1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Geek / Audio-Whore / Car-Whore
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys, I'm gonna try this out to see how the response is. This year, we managed to get some people come down from up North, and up from down South, and even some from Texas and other states. After beating the idea up in my head, and after a small post in another thread, I think having next year's SES in North Carolina would be awsome!

It's still part of the South East, it's much more of a central location for those traveling from other states, which HOPEFULLY will allow more people to attend! It should be great weather there this time of year, probably not quite as hot as GA, even though we were inside. Lets hear everyone's thoughts!

Do you guys want it back in Perry? Would you like to try a new location in North Carolina? Do you think another state would suffice more than those suggested? Speak your mind folks! :)

·
05 Magnum RT and 10 Challenger
7,415 Posts
Charlotte might be a good location and someone like Hemiwoman might be willing to help with the organization. :) :)

·
Growing older but not up
167 Posts
I guess it depends on if we can have it inside somewhere else. I really liked it being inside, you don't have to worry about the weather to much. It felt alot more comfortable inside also. I think if we can find another place like the fairgrounds where we chould be inside somewhere in N.C. that would be cool. No matter where it is I will be there anyway.

·
Geek / Audio-Whore / Car-Whore
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I don't think there will be a problem having it indoors again. :) I've got friends that live up there too that I can have do some grunt work.

I just had an incredible thought...imagine if a few years down the road, when this event has gotten to the point of a couple hundred cars in attendance, if we have to take up like 3 buildings...one for each model LX...haha.

·
Recovering mod addict
2,127 Posts
RTjunkie said:
I just had an incredible thought...imagine if a few years down the road, when this event has gotten to the point of a couple hundred cars in attendance, if we have to take up like 3 buildings...one for each model LX...haha.
LOL...make it 4 buildings so we can invite future Challengers too.

·
I dunno......
3,884 Posts
BrilliantBlackHemi said:
Charlotte might be a good location and someone like Hemiwoman might be willing to help with the organization. :) :)
I would be more than happy to help organize a Charlotte event...I called Lowes a while back, and it is rather expensive...but I have contacts, and I am sure we could find a suitable place! :)

Thanks for volunteering me Robert!

·
05 Magnum RT and 10 Challenger
7,415 Posts
HEMIwoman said:
I would be more than happy to help organize a Charlotte event...I called Lowes a while back, and it is rather expensive...but I have contacts, and I am sure we could find a suitable place! :)

Well you did say we could stay at your house in another thread. And you missed this year, so this might make sure you don't miss next year. :banana: :mrgreen:

·
I dunno......
3,884 Posts
BrilliantBlackHemi said:
Well you did say we could stay at your house in another thread. And you missed this year, so this might make sure you don't miss next year. :banana: :mrgreen:
Works for me! :)

·
Premium Member
2,985 Posts
I would definitley make an NC trip

HEMIwoman said:

Maybe parlay it with a stay at the outer banks, then drive down to my home in FLA. What a road trip that would be

Chas

·
Betrayer of Mjolnir
3,111 Posts
I voted for Perry again it is convenient for me in ways other than just distance. However, NC would be a great choice, too, I think. I'm spoiled on indoor shows now, but if that ends up not being possible, then how about Rockingham? Now that they don't have any NASCAR events, they might be a much cheaper alternative to Lowes.

·
I dunno......
3,884 Posts
Rockingham doesn't have much for indoor facilities....and it is in the middle of nowhere. But I can look into it if everyone would want me to.

·
Betrayer of Mjolnir
3,111 Posts
HEMIwoman said:
Rockingham doesn't have much for indoor facilities....and it is in the middle of nowhere. But I can look into it if everyone would want me to.
I only put that out there as a possible location of last resort. I vote that we go for indoor venues first and, if it doesn't work out, only then do we look at other locations (like Rockingham or wherever).

·
LX Oldtimer
11,692 Posts
I would say anywhere would be okay, if it is held in the summer time, make it indoors. If held in the spring or fall, then outside would be okay.

I don't do well in the heat...............being an old fart.

Bob

·
I OD'd on mod's at the SE Shindig!!!
2,265 Posts
HEMIwoman said:

There's always Metrolina Fairgrounds. Or the Merchandise Mart.

·
I dunno......
3,884 Posts
M-Square Magnum said:
There's always Metrolina Fairgrounds. Or the Merchandise Mart.
I was thinking about that too Will...glad you volunteered to organize it if it is in Charlotte...LOL

1 - 20 of 84 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.