LX Forums Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
LX Newbie
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings and thanks to all for the AMAZING site! I've already learned SO MUCH that I'll be busy (and spending away) for months to come!

I have loved the 300/Mag's since they came out and had planned to get a 300 for some time, but after renting one I found the most minor little annoyance that really grew and grew over time to the point of nix'ing the car for me. The color of the int. lights! Has anyone else noticed this? My next trip I rented a magnum. It was TOTALLY STOCK! (Seriously, exactly what you'd get if you said "CHEAPEST" as your only criteria! ;) Anyway, I LOVED IT! I was driving it in Chicago in the snow and ice with NO ABS, Tracs, and I STILL LOVED IT!

When I got back to FL (where I was on a 5 month work assignment) I went to buy one, but since I am an Oregon resident (and we don't pay any sales tax here) I wasn't about to pay the $2000.+ in tax just to get the car a few weeks (and a LOOOOONG road trip) sooner. So, I found a dealer here in OR. that found EXACTLY what I wanted. A LOADED 05 R/T with NO sunroof. Not an easy task late in the year, but I've got it. (I'm 6'9" tall so no sunroof was a big deal to me)

Anyway, I bought the car via FedEx and had to wait 3 weeks to get back to OR (and drive it in my VW GTI VR6 that I LOVED, but not quite as nice as the Mag) and see my new toy.

Bottom line, I've never stopped telling everyone how much I love the car, how GREAT they are, and have already sold 1 mag and 1 charger to people just from seeing mine up close.

I've not got pix. up on my server yet so I'll be posting some pix. here soon. Nothing super special, but it is modded with a unique billet grille and clear LED taillights to name a few. MAN does it get the looks! I hope to post pix. soon.

If you're in the area say HI and I know I'll be posting some of my burning questions here very soon.

Thanks for the site and the experience offered here!

Ray G.
MAGNM XL ;)

·
345 Go!
1,160 Posts
You have found the place where you will be spending the majority of your time online from henceforth...

Glad to have another believer in the flock.

Welcome and enjoy your Ride!

·
Survived 2017 ... 2020 or Bust ...
5,309 Posts
Welcome from Portland. Where in Oregon are you?

Oh, I bought my Magnum in New Mexico and didn't pay sales tax or any other fees. The Magnum price was the only price. I did do all negotiations with emails before I flew to NM, that might be the difference. Also what color is your Magnum? I negotiated by email or phone on every new 05 Gray or Blue Magnum R/T in a 1500 mile radius, before buying the NM car in April. The no sunroof and/or graystone interior kept me from buying many of them.

·
LX Newbie
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm down here in Eugene and Mag's are few and far between here! The few I've seen aren't even R/T's ;)

As for the no tax issue, I was told that "Florida doesn't have a reciprocal agreement with OR." So unless I had the car shipped over the state line I had to pay the tax. That made the decision easy.

I wasn't too hung up on the int. color but was opting for the lighter. (I have the dark grey) The ext. colors I wanted were blue, followed by white, red, and "anything but black or dark grey". (Sorry lovers of those colors). The only MUSTS were all 'major' options and an R/T. (Sure wish I'd have gotten the towing pkg. w/auto level tho!)

As for pricing, I really won out! First of all my brother is a DC employee (he's repairing the build F-ups on your Caliburs as I type) so I first got the greensheet price, followed by and end of the year "please buy this before 1/1/06" deal (all of the $1425 hold back) just to close the deal on 12/31. All in all I ended up w/my loaded R/T for $28,100 even!

So, now that I've prob. got most of the group hating me I'd better shut up! LOL

RG.

·
Premium Member
2,985 Posts
Welcome from New York

CarguyOR said:
Greetings and thanks to all for the AMAZING site! I've already learned SO MUCH that I'll be busy (and spending away) for months to come!

I have loved the 300/Mag's since they came out and had planned to get a 300 for some time, but after renting one I found the most minor little annoyance that really grew and grew over time to the point of nix'ing the car for me. The color of the int. lights! Has anyone else noticed this? My next trip I rented a magnum. It was TOTALLY STOCK! (Seriously, exactly what you'd get if you said "CHEAPEST" as your only criteria! ;) Anyway, I LOVED IT! I was driving it in Chicago in the snow and ice with NO ABS, Tracs, and I STILL LOVED IT!

When I got back to FL (where I was on a 5 month work assignment) I went to buy one, but since I am an Oregon resident (and we don't pay any sales tax here) I wasn't about to pay the $2000.+ in tax just to get the car a few weeks (and a LOOOOONG road trip) sooner. So, I found a dealer here in OR. that found EXACTLY what I wanted. A LOADED 05 R/T with NO sunroof. Not an easy task late in the year, but I've got it. (I'm 6'9" tall so no sunroof was a big deal to me)

Anyway, I bought the car via FedEx and had to wait 3 weeks to get back to OR (and drive it in my VW GTI VR6 that I LOVED, but not quite as nice as the Mag) and see my new toy.

Bottom line, I've never stopped telling everyone how much I love the car, how GREAT they are, and have already sold 1 mag and 1 charger to people just from seeing mine up close.

I've not got pix. up on my server yet so I'll be posting some pix. here soon. Nothing super special, but it is modded with a unique billet grille and clear LED taillights to name a few. MAN does it get the looks! I hope to post pix. soon.

If you're in the area say HI and I know I'll be posting some of my burning questions here very soon.

Thanks for the site and the experience offered here!

Ray G.
MAGNM XL ;)
Great forum

REALLY great bunch of people

Out of curiousity, at 6'9" How in hell did you get into a GTI???

·
LX Newbie
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
LOL! I KNEW someone was going to ask that question.

In all honesty, the GTI has a TON of room it it. I even had the sunroof and was still doing great with room.

The size of the car really doesn't dictate room. For example, the Lincoln town car/Ford Crown Vic/Merc. Gran Marq. are some of the worst for me to fit into. It's all a matter of seat positioning, dash design, center stack design and headroom. Hell, I can even drive a MINI. (although not as comfy as the GTI ;) )

·
Registered
7,409 Posts
Welcome from our 300Cs in WV. Glad you didn't like the interior... gave me the opportunity to have two! LOL

I know you'll enjoy that great deal Magnum!

·
Survived 2017 ... 2020 or Bust ...
5,309 Posts
CarguyOR said:
As for the no tax issue, I was told that "Florida doesn't have a reciprocal agreement with OR." So unless I had the car shipped over the state line I had to pay the tax. That made the decision easy.

As for pricing, I really won out! First of all my brother is a DC employee (he's repairing the build F-ups on your Caliburs as I type) so I first got the greensheet price, followed by and end of the year "please buy this before 1/1/06" deal (all of the $1425 hold back) just to close the deal on 12/31. All in all I ended up w/my loaded R/T for $28,100 even!

So, now that I've prob. got most of the group hating me I'd better shut up! LOL

RG.
I got mine for $28,000, but you probably have the Nav system.

Did I miss the color you got?

·
LX Newbie
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ah, I got the bright silver. Oddly NOT one I would have ordered, but MAN I LOVE IT. especially with the silver LED taillights.

Yep, NAV and U-Connect were a MUST to me and I'm SO GLAD! Use them both regularly and LOVE the big bright screen for all the different modes.

My only 'gripe' w/the NAV is that you have no voice choices. As I told my salesman when I picked up the car (and got him to almost choak when I said it) "If I wanted a woman to tell me where to go turn by turn I'd have been married YEARS ago" :D (just kidding ladies... I've gotta have my fun too)

RG.

·
Alter ego of MyMaggieMae...
11,785 Posts
CarguyOR said:
"If I wanted a woman to tell me where to go turn by turn I'd have been married YEARS ago" :D (just kidding ladies... I've gotta have my fun too)
I kinda like her voice. And, she's so much better at directions than my wife! :grin:

·
Yes I am a pirate, 200 years too late
6,193 Posts
Welcome!
Stick around a while and have some fun!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.