LX Forums Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
I know where Hoffa is...
6,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, its been a few months since I hit the raccoon that did the damage, but I finally got the money from the insurance company to fix it. Then I had to find time to get to the parts on order, well, I spent most of the day putting the new bumper on.

(please excuse the blury images, my camera is VERY picky about ANY movements and I was in a hurry)

The damage was bad enough that repair would not hold up, there was a severe crack thru the material. The forward splash shield was also damaged -

Just getting ready to tear it down -

The new SRT-8 bumper waiting to go on -

Shot of the back side of the old bumper, nice big crack in it -

These cars really look funny with no bumper -

SRT-8 bumper just set in place, not bolted down yet -

Finished results -

I also had him color match my new shift knob (also, look at the "chrome" rings on my HVAC and radio knobs, not "chrome" any more!)-

The paint match is BETTER than it was from factory! I'll probably end up putting the front plate on, but I'm going to run it this way until I get a warning.
I need a few minor components, the forward splash shield for the SRT is different than the others (none of the bolt holes line up), I need to order the honey comb insert for the lower opening and I need a couple new plastic push rivets for the top of the fascia (two of them didn't want to come off...).

·
I know where Hoffa is...
6,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
DeafCharger said:
Looks good especially the shifter!

Are you going to add R/T badge on grille?
The Daytona comes with it, but mine is suffering from severe rock chip syndrome and I'm going to repaint it next weekend when I do the dash rings and the chrome ring around the shifter.

·
I know where Hoffa is...
6,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
wbornio said:
I'm looking to color match my interior trim as well.

Lookin sharp!

Be honest - you hit that Racoon on purpose!
Of course, they = 1000 points!

Actually, it was either hit the big raccon (the one I hit), or swerve left and hit the other 3 that were in the other lane OR swerve right and bounce off the gaurd rail...

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
Well obviously the bumber looks great! All that detail you had done on the inside really looks nice. I like that shifter even more now!

Does this mean you will be able to make it to Porky's? I want to see all that in person!

·
I know where Hoffa is...
6,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Duke_132 said:
Well obviously the bumber looks great! All that detail you had done on the inside really looks nice. I like that shifter even more now!

Does this mean you will be able to make it to Porky's? I want to see all that in person!
I'll try, there are a few things I need to do still, and if I don't get time during the week, I'll be doing them next weekend...

·
attendee of "UNLAWFUL GATHERING"
200 Posts
How were you able to get the insurance co. to pay for an srt8 bumper??
If you dont mind me asking..

·
J to da Weezy..Baby!!
4,249 Posts
crazy luck it look great man...do you have anymore pictures...i have been thinking about doing that, my friend works at a dealership...he could get it for a good price, but i have never seen it on a daytona before...

GREAT WORK...mostly doing it yourself...wish i could do that..

justin

·
I know where Hoffa is...
6,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Jweezy said:
crazy luck it look great man...do you have anymore pictures...i have been thinking about doing that, my friend works at a dealership...he could get it for a good price, but i have never seen it on a daytona before...

GREAT WORK...mostly doing it yourself...wish i could do that..

justin
I don't have any more pics yet, but when it cools down later this week, I should be able to get some better shots.

It took us about 2.5 hours to swap the parts (in 99° temps with high humidity). Dealer list price is like $1200, body shop price (around here) was $900. You also need the lower honey comb grille insert (haven't ordered mine yet, forgot I needed it when I ordered the bumper) and the front splash shield (the one that supports the shield that comes out for oil changes) needs to be replaced with the SRT part.

Thanks for all the compliments every one. This is the first real mod I've done, other than removing the resonators, and it probably wouldn't have happened other than the necesity of needing to fix the bumper.

·
Threadkiller.........see?
3,099 Posts
wbornio said:
...Be honest - you hit that Racoon on purpose!
Heheheh - that's funny!

I'm hunting raccoons from now on until I can get an SRT-8 front end.

·
Major Mag Nut
2,011 Posts
Very nice, I really like the interior painted details...hm-mm.....I have a little paint left.

·
Premium Member
26,921 Posts
Looks great!!!! I hit a raccoon as well (At 50-60 MPH), but lucked out, no fascia damage. Then I tried a Cadillac. Finally cracked it.

Interesting comparing naked front ends!

crazy_luck said:

·
Registered
164 Posts
Hmmmm.....Looks like it's time for me to find a racoon :)

How much was the total cost of the repair (bumper/paint). I'm interested in putting the SRT front end on my charger. The painted lip spoiler looks good, but I think if any front end damage were to happen, then I'd definately replace the bumper cover with the SRT or RK Sport Product

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
The moral of the story:

If you want a new front bumper then all you have to do is sacrifice a raccoon with your car. Am I the only one who thought that we don't have to sacrifice anymore?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.