LX Forums Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
MAG V
2,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well, a few months ago, I received the center piece, the infamous Engine cover from Ernie at Avon... I immediately noticed that while it alone was great, it left the rest of the engine bay lacking...

So, I kept going, and going... I couldnt stop!!!

So now, after months of back and forth, and adding more and more items, I beleive I am finally done.

5.7L Engine Cover: Midnight Blue Sides, Mineral Gray top and HEMI letters, Black Rams Head surround and 5.7L letters. Chrome Flames and Chrome Ribs.

All other items, professionally painted by Avon, Mineral Gray:
Fuse Box Cover
Jump Post Cover
Windshield Washer Fluid Cover (NO MORE BRIGHT YELLOW!)
MOPAR CAI Tube (Also added Amsoil filter and upgraded clamps)
Bumper gap covers (Dont know the real name, but the covers in front that run under the latch.)
Strut top covers.
And the best one of all: The Coolant reservoir.

While at it, I also blacked out the Oil Filler Dipstick, and repainted the MOPAR CAI heat shield a Flat Black.

I had a few of these items on at the S.E. Shindig but due to my hectic schedule was not able to get them all on, and the peices I had were not cleaned up like I would have liked... Oh well, better late than never... What ya think?

Edit: OK, looking at the pictures, maybe one more item... Need to either repaint or atleast sand off the yellow writing from the oil filler cap... :loser:

Reactions: RobAGD

·
LX Padiwan
3,697 Posts
Very nice!

·
magnumaniac
452 Posts
Looks great man good job

·
Registered
7,409 Posts
Nice smooth coordination under the hood! Congrats!

·
345 Go!
1,160 Posts
Very nice! A stainless reflection panel on the underside of the hood would allow admiration of your efforts from a greater distance...

I really like it. Great job.

I have just painted my shock covers Inferno Red - body match - and my engine dress up itch has just started...

·
MAG V
2,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
LtlDad said:
What about braided lines / covers?
Thats what I love about this site, it doesnt matter if I think I am done or not, somebody is going to point out a good idea that sends me back to spend more money. :doh: I like that idea, suprised I didnt think about it myself... dont want to go too far though, so I wont try to do all of them, but a few major ones would help tie it together even more.

wbornio said:
Very nice! A stainless reflection panel on the underside of the hood would allow admiration of your efforts from a greater distance...
I had considered that, but only for shows, I dont think I would be able to keep it clean enough for daily use, I just use the car too much, and way too dusty and dirty around here.

·
MAG V
2,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Rev.Hammer said:
YOU TURKEY!
I was just out there and you dinna show me your stuff!!
Humph!
Woops! Actually, I didnt finish until Sunday Night. SO I didint have much more to show Saturday morning than I had at the Shindig... Stop by again sometime, I will bare it all :Na_Na_Na_Na: .

·
Absent From Malaise
4,553 Posts
Did you remove the parts from the car to paint them? Looks very nice man. Great job.

·
Speed on... Hell ain't half full
24,673 Posts
coolant reservoir is the coolest part, IMO. Lookin hot... now what the hell are you gonna drive? :p

·
MAG V
2,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
MooNDoGGie said:
Did you remove the parts from the car to paint them? Looks very nice man. Great job.
Well as for the coolant reservoir, I actually just bought a new one as we were afraid of having to try and get it clean enough to get all the chemicals off of it, Ernie also got me a new engine cover and new fuse cover, the rest I removed and shipped to him. Most of these parts are cheap, so it is probably better just to buy new ones and resell the old ones... I do have the old reservoir up for sale on another thread (http://www.lxforums.com/board/showthread.php?t=35986) if anyone wants it to play with but again, it has been used so I can not guarantee the paint will hold up unless some strong degreaser is used...
Super T said:
coolant reservoir is the coolest part, IMO. Lookin hot... now what the hell are you gonna drive? :p
I think so too... The ugly, stained orange tank really was buggin the hell out of me... And as you can see we left a line down the side so I can still see if it is low or not, but otherwise, it blends perfectly under the hood now. Doesnt stand out anymore.

·
SXT WITH BIG DREAMS
392 Posts
Very clean engine makes me want to swap in a hemi not just for power but for the cover haha. I only wish they made engine covers for my V6:sad: !

·
LX Enthusiast
679 Posts
whoa, that looks amazingly smooth, I wish I could do something like that, but I am afraid I never open my hood anyways!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.