LX Forums Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
LX Newbie
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up an '06 Charger Daytona edition in red. With less than 100 miles on it I'd just like to know if there are any issues I should resolve right away.

Why I ask this is on my Mustang GT that I traded I got the windows tinted the day I picked it up. I then found out after I had already scratched the window tint that they had an issue with no felt on the windows. Planning on tinting these windows also so I'm wondering if anybody has had any issues with that or any other issues anybody can fill me in on.

Hopefully the answer is "no issues", but if not I just wanted to be educated early.....Thanks

·
Chasing Dreams
3,354 Posts
Pushing the pedal on the right really hard causes excessive smoke to billow from the rear fenderwells along with rapid tire wear. LOL!

No issues with tint. I have had my car tinted for over a year and no scratches on the windows.

Be careful if you modify the car stereo. Almost everything in this car talks across a network. Incorrect hookups have been known to cause a vehicle to go into limp mode.

Most of all, have fun and congrats on the new car!

Reactions: Mosie

·
Premium Member
16,511 Posts
The most important thing is that cops have them too!
FOILED AGAIN!!!!
Also, people either love or hate these cars and either one does so strongly!
I LOVE mine!!!

·
06 Charger RT W/RT Group
1,365 Posts
I keep the real shiny side facing upward and the four little black round things on the ground. Seriously though, do what the tinters tell you to
the letter.

·
Registered
7,409 Posts
Welcome from our 300Cs in WV! Don't let anyone else drive it!

·
Premium Member
2,511 Posts
The trunk has a habit of scratching the rear bumper either from being closed to hard or wind causing the bumper to billow, when at speed, and rub against the trunk. I dont think there is a solid fix for this yet.

·
Charger Daytona #1740
118 Posts
One issue for AM Radio listeners and tint, make sure you use ceramic tint and not metallic. There have been cases where the metallic tints have messed up AM radio reception.

·
Mama / DB geek / driver
8,821 Posts
Also, keep an eye on your headlight assemblies, if you notice condensation, get them replaced.

·
That guy
803 Posts
There is no inside gas filler door release, so don't bother looking for one. To open the gas filler door, press on the left side of the door to pivot it open.

Once it's open, there's a little hook/cutout on the door where you can loop the gas cap tether so the cap doesn't rest against the side of the car.

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
congrats and enjoy ur sweet ride!!!!... some pics would be awsome...lol..

Oh btw you might wanna try chargerforums.com you might find some usefull info theire too...

·
Hemi Panzer
2,050 Posts
Learn to hear the sound difference of MDS when its on and off until you can practically engage it at will.

Dont drive around with ESP off until you get a good feel for the car.

At 100 miles right now your past initial breakin of engine. After 60 miles, you can take the car UP TO 60 mph UNTIL you hit 300 miles, punch it a few times for short bursts for a good breakin. At 300, open her up and enjoy. (Yes this is from the manual)

I think everyone else covered anything else I might have thought of.

·
LX Newbie
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I appreciate it all......

As far as Cops having 'em too I think I've got that covered 'cos I am one (hence the name, I really am a slow driver unless I'm working). Glad to hear no major issues....I'll keep an eye on the headlights and the trunk lid issues to see if they develop.

Funny it was mentioned not letting anybody else drive it. As soon as I got it home a buddy of mine asked to take it around the block. About 2/10ths of a mile up the street he hit a hole in the street and scraped the very bottom edge of the front plastic fascia. Very very minor damage but he felt like an a%& and i'll make sure he doesn't forget it.

·
345 Go!
1,160 Posts
IcanDrive55 said:
I appreciate it all......

As far as Cops having 'em too I think I've got that covered 'cos I am one (hence the name, I really am a slow driver unless I'm working). Glad to hear no major issues....I'll keep an eye on the headlights and the trunk lid issues to see if they develop.

Funny it was mentioned not letting anybody else drive it. As soon as I got it home a buddy of mine asked to take it around the block. About 2/10ths of a mile up the street he hit a hole in the street and scraped the very bottom edge of the front plastic fascia. Very very minor damage but he felt like an a%& and i'll make sure he doesn't forget it.
DOH! Time to get the SRT8 front end and make the budy chip in to clear his conscience! This is how most mods start... something gets damaged - opportunity for an upgrade... flat tire? no - don't get it plugged... 20 inch SRT8 with scorpion p zreros... :) :rock:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.