LX Forums Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK... so it's not an LX or even a Mopar, but, i figured this should tide me over till the 07s start showing up!

Car: 1969 Chevy Nova SS Numbers Matching, Full documentation including original protecto plate, bill of sale, dealer invoice, owners manual, and window sticker.

Car has the original 350 engine apart (but all there) and a 406ci small block in it as kind of a 'play motor'. Has Original interior, door panels, seats, dash, speedo, jack and mount in are in the truck! Also came with a set of rally wheels i'm going to replace the Weld wheels with!

·
Registered
519 Posts
Wow! Look at that! You can see the spark plugs while they're IN the motor! Such a wonderful concept. :))

Good lookin' ride!

·
E skeud teñval tourioù gell
3,450 Posts
I was never a fan of the Novas, but it looks like you've got a winner there.

·
Registered
7,409 Posts
That's one sweet classic right there! Congrats. How ever did you find it?

·
Premium Member
4,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
reppr said:
I, too, am wondering how you came by it.
I was actually in Kansas City, KS looking at 1970 Nova Friday night. The engine was nice, but the body looked like one of those funny mirrors in a circus. It was terrible and the bottom side was about to rust out. So i was on the way home and disappointed as sh|t. I stopped at a Kinkos to check ebay just one more time before making the trip home. I lucked up and a guy had just listd this car saturday morning. I called him and I just happened to be about 2 hours south of where i was. SO i got down and was stunned by the car, esp with all the documentation and originality of it. So, to answer the question in short, lol, EBAY!!

wheelife said:
Great combo 406 in a Nova I bet it flies.
I don't know how fast it is just yet. I backed it off the trailer last night and took it up the road a piece. Started out slow and when i was completely straight i gave it maybe half throttle or a little more, it smoked the tires. So, no traction, backed off and shifted to second and gave her some more gas and it got up pretty good but was still spinning a little! It has 275 Rear tires on it now so i think that's about as wide as i can go. Just have to heat 'em up if i wanna hook i guess. BUT i like to spin, lol, give a little show and less chance of hookin and breakin i suppose ... spin = :rock:

·
Premium Member
7,643 Posts
Dude, that is sexy hot. One of my all time favorite cars.

2 hrs. south of KC? Where at?

·
Premium Member
1,394 Posts
Hey Bro...I see you finally got one! Man, I had an old 70 Monte Carlo (400ci small block) with the original protecto plate too! That's one rare find! Congrats and enjoy!!

·
GOOD MEAT TAKES A LONG TIME!
21,543 Posts
It's got that clean, right off the showroom look to it. Very sweet!!!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.