LX Forums Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Man Wagon
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took my magnum in for a tsb for a shifting issue they said they cant do anything untill the update the computer to compensate for the 22's and they dont have the software to do it. Anyone else had this problem and if not anyone have any ideas.

Jon

·
The King Nitwit!
9,974 Posts
hasherm said:
I took my magnum in for a tsb for a shifting issue they said they cant do anything untill the update the computer to compensate for the 22's and they dont have the software to do it. Anyone else had this problem and if not anyone have any ideas.

Jon
Find a dealer that has an updated starscan.
I switched dealers for my warranty work when I wasn't satisfied with the original one.

Edit: or buy the Superchips Flashpaq if you have the 5.7, sorry didn't look to see if you had the R/T before I started typing.

·
The King Nitwit!
9,974 Posts
I bought my car at Dwayne Lanes in Everett, I now go to Rairdons in Smokey Point to have my work done. I had them hook up their starscan and enable my daytime running lamps, and you need a need a newer version of the starscan to do it.

Maybe you can call them. They are still open for a few minutes, and their service is also open on saturdays.

·
LX Padiwan
3,697 Posts
They can have the up to date starscan software they need in 48 hours if they tried.

·
Man Wagon
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
the problem i am seeing is that the dealerships are saying that the software dosnt exist but i find that hard to belive wiht how many people are putting 22's on these. They also tried to tell me that dodge put out a notice saying that you shouldnt put bigger rims on any lx. thanx for the advice so far

·
What'd I miss?
23,444 Posts
last weekend i changed the tire size for a forum friend with an SXT and 20" wheels. there was no choice for 20" wheels much less 22". the starscan choices are model specific. the only way i know of to change tire size to compensate for 22" wheels is the superchips tuner.

btw, my scanner is running the latest version. updating their starscan will not give them the ability to change tire size to 22".

what exactly is the shifting issue and which TSB are you referring to?

·
Sulring 05 Magnesium R/T
117 Posts
Hypertech

Get a hypertech: it's worth the 300$. You can mod the motor for bigger rims, change the settings for (gasp) 87 octane, and raise the governor to match speed rating for tires.

You'll get $$$ back just on the fuel mod.

AND, you can set it back to stock in minutes.

Problem is, they only make it for the HEMI.

·
Does this smell like chloroform to you?
4,328 Posts
I agree with fnkychkn, the choices in the StarScan are model specific and quite limited for wheels and tires. I put the KDW-NT 255-55-18's on my 05 Mag RT a couple of weeks ago. Starscan with latest software updates has no setting for this size. All I could change was the original setting for the Conti 225-60-18 H-rating to a 225-60-18 V-rating. This of course did NOT disable the governor for top speed. My EVIC readouts for MPG and miles travelled is definitely off as a result of the relatively small change in tire diameter. The Hypertech chip may well be moving to the top of my buying list over the suspension stuff I want.

·
15 Years of AWD fun
14,454 Posts
cadzilla74 said:
I agree with fnkychkn, the choices in the StarScan are model specific and quite limited for wheels and tires. I put the KDW-NT 255-55-18's on my 05 Mag RT a couple of weeks ago. Starscan with latest software updates has no setting for this size. All I could change was the original setting for the Conti 225-60-18 H-rating to a 225-60-18 V-rating. This of course did NOT disable the governor for top speed. My EVIC readouts for MPG and miles travelled is definitely off as a result of the relatively small change in tire diameter. The Hypertech chip may well be moving to the top of my buying list over the suspension stuff I want.
Sulring said:
Get a hypertech: it's worth the 300$. You can mod the motor for bigger rims, change the settings for (gasp) 87 octane, and raise the governor to match speed rating for tires.

You'll get $$$ back just on the fuel mod.

AND, you can set it back to stock in minutes.

Problem is, they only make it for the HEMI.
I think you both mean SuperChips FlashPaq

·
Sulring 05 Magnesium R/T
117 Posts
Hypertech Hyperpak

done said:
I think you both mean SuperChips FlashPaq
No, I own a Hyperpak: http://www.hypertech-inc.com/

They make them for HEMI's. Would probably not be OK with warrantee. As far as I know, there is no chip for the 2.7. I gave up after an exhaustive search last year and bought a HEMI.

Sorry.

·
Premium Member
16,511 Posts
No it wont void the warranty.
Get a cup of coffee and lookup a happy thing called the Magnuson-Moss act. (nooo its not something that you can be arrested for doing in public)

·
The King Nitwit!
9,974 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.