LX Forums Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
LX Newbie
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My uncle told me that in order to order and buy a Challenger u have to own a SRT vehicle of choice, WTF is this???? And he also said that when u order the car the car is made to ur specific weight and height, and basicly no one else can drive it because everyones height and weight is different, WTF is this???

I honestly think my uncle is wrong, has anyone ever heard of anything like this before.

Thanks,
Luke

·
Die hipster scum!
15,111 Posts
Hey, I like that keyed height and weight idea - great way to keep my wife from driving my car!

LOL man, your uncle is having a bit of fun at your expense I think... :wink:

·
LX Newbie
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Have no idea were he got that info. All i heard from him was about the weight thing and then my cousin his daughter told me that they had to trade in her 300C for a SRT8 because u had to own an STR8 in order to purchase a Challenger. I never beleived him i thought it was funny becaue that would suicide of and manufacturer to do something like that. Thanks guys. Thought it was BS.

Luke

·
Wish I were in Wonderland
510 Posts
ChargerF18 said:
And he also said that when u order the car the car is made to ur specific weight and height,..........

Thanks,
Luke
Only car I've ever heard of this happening with was the Ferrarri Enzo ..... You could only get the car new if Ferrarri called you and offered you one....then they would fly you to Italy to take a mold of your sitting butt to create the seats for you. Then again....that is a hand build car selling for hundreds of thousands of $ .... not a MOPAR selling for under $50k

·
2005 Magnum RT
46 Posts
ChargerF18 said:
My uncle told me that in order to order and buy a Challenger u have to own a SRT vehicle of choice, WTF is this???? And he also said that when u order the car the car is made to ur specific weight and height, and basicly no one else can drive it because everyones height and weight is different, WTF is this???

I honestly think my uncle is wrong, has anyone ever heard of anything like this before.

Thanks,
Luke
ACTUALLY.... you have to by MY magnum specifically in order to buy a challenger. I accept checks/moneyorders/paypal. :)

Justin

·
I'm releasing the flying monkeys!
1,468 Posts
I've got some beach-front property in Florida I will sell cheap...and a bridge. JK LOL

·
2006 Mag SRT Owner
13,441 Posts
Let's see...

I love you...
I'll still respect you in the morning...
I'm from the Government and I'm here to help you...
We're only stopping for one beer...
One more and we'll all get the heII out of here...
No hunny, those jeans don't make you look fat...
Yes, I promise not to

Oh never mind...

You get the idea:)

Don

·
E skeud teñval tourioù gell
3,450 Posts
Look him straight in the eye and say

·
LX Newbie
34 Posts
ChargerF18 said:
Have no idea were he got that info. All i heard from him was about the weight thing and then my cousin his daughter told me that they had to trade in her 300C for a SRT8 because u had to own an STR8 in order to purchase a Challenger. I never beleived him i thought it was funny becaue that would suicide of and manufacturer to do something like that. Thanks guys. Thought it was BS.

Luke
This sounds like he made it up in order to trade up from a 300C to an SRT-8. Then the seat thing might be a tactic to keep anyone else from driving his new Challenger when he gets it. I'll have to keep that in mind if I ever get a family and want an SRT-8:mrgreen:

·
Does this smell like chloroform to you?
4,328 Posts
And if you put a little hat on a snowball it'll last a long time in hell. Yer uncle sounds like a fun guy. Your turn to nail HIM...lol.

·
My maggie did me proud
647 Posts
Praetorian said:
Only car I've ever heard of this happening with was the Ferrarri Enzo ..... You could only get the car new if Ferrarri called you and offered you one....then they would fly you to Italy to take a mold of your sitting butt to create the seats for you. Then again....that is a hand build car selling for hundreds of thousands of $ .... not a MOPAR selling for under $50k
Actually it was the Ferrari FXX...only 30 are/were made and they invite you to buy one. Worst part is they aren't even street legal.

http://www.netcarshow.com/ferrari/2005-fxx/800x600/wallpaper_02.htm

As for the Enzo, if you have the green, you can have the machine

·
LX Padiwan
121 Posts
SDMagnumRT said:
Actually it was the Ferrari FXX...only 30 are/were made and they invite you to buy one. Worst part is they aren't even street legal.

Actually I believe the ones who previously owned a Ferrari got first dibs on the Enzo.

Challenger requires you to Swear in and to worship the Hemi and nothing but the Hemi so help you Hemi Gods.

·
Wish I were in Wonderland
510 Posts
Actually the 349 units in the initial run were all sold by invitation only to current ferrari owners. Her is the quote from wikkipedia:

Production

The Enzo was initially announced at the 2002 Paris Motor Show with a limited production run of 349 units and priced at US$643,330. The company sent invitations to existing customers, and all 349 cars were sold in this way before production began. Later, after numerous requests, Ferrari decided to build 50 more Enzos, bringing the total to 399.

Heres the link to the whole write up .... it is very interesting:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enzo_Ferrari_(car)

SDMagnumRT said:

·
Pablo
79 Posts
Yeah, I still remember...................

Yeah, I still ' member smok'n me first MIND BENDER!!! IF, and I say, IF your Tio was right and Dodge tried to pull some stunt.................they would have to use the way-back machine to the year 1971, when the Plymouth and Dodge dealers had as many 1970 SUPERBIRDS and 1969 DAYTONAS as you would want!, only problem?, NOBODY wanted them! So they had to give 'em away for thousands less. And before anyone out there tries to tell me it can't happen to the Challenger because of low production #s, remember the Superbird was a low production car (1300 or so) and the Daytona was even lower at half that. Ford has the right idea on this one with the new mustang, give the public as many as the want and we'll make a crapload of money, so far they have sold over 130,000 units. So I guess if Dodge makes just a few Challengers again it will only help us, the collector, not Chrysler the company. I guess they need a good write-off for all the tooling and reserch. I hope they don't limit production and sell a million Challengers, just like ford will do with the new retro mustang, those a great #s for any company! Pablo

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.