LX Forums Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the family and I hit our first Nascar race tonight.
duuuuuuude. My ears are ringin like my first Ratt concert. :rock:
To walk along the rail as those machines swarm by at speeds I don't knoow and feel the pelting of debris is quite comparable to a delicate morning breeze blowin on your face off a cool calm ocean. Not quite the same physical feeling or sound but a feeling of comfort/home that is overwhelming. The smells, the vibrations, the sparks... all enticing sense-grabbers that sent "don't even think about doing that" looks from the mrs as I sat glowing like the first time Santa touched my hand. I didn't have to say anything. Nan knew what I was thinkin' so she followed the look with "don't even think about racing like this!"
"what!?" it was really loud. I'm pretty sure she said "dude, it's gonna be a freakin blast when your out on that track someday! I'll be all naked when your done and there will be cheeseburgers and HoHos involved as well! It's gonna rule!" I answered with a "sweeet!" My youngest son was onto me. "your totally gonna do that someday, huh dad." I told him not quite THAT meaning not quite at that speed but yeah, sure as heck, I'ma smoke some slicks from the pits and hang a few lefts. We kept making up excuses to walk up front. They don't let ya stand up there so, we hit the bathroom 4 times, got some peanuts, some nachos, 3 flavored ices, 2 corndogs and some sunbursts. Then there is the seventh inning stretch which requires a walk for no particular reason. In my mind, I smoked em all, Nancy and the kids had a ball and me? well that was just cool. I'm 36. die hard car nut all my life. complete adrenaline junkie. and I just saw my first Nascar race.
wow
:racing:
to quite my son, "that was totally wicked."

·
I dunno......
3,884 Posts
Hubby has gotten to enjoy a couple of races in the pits...now that is excitement to be right there where all the action is!

Glad you enjoyed it!!!

·
Registered
7,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
didn't sleep last night. up early this morning. can't get the flybys outta my head.
Just found more rubber in my hair and thought it was cool.

·
E skeud teñval tourioù gell
3,450 Posts
You should head over to Sparta Kentucky (about 5 hours east of you). The Kentucky speedway is there, and if you spend something like $50 in the gift shop, they will let you take your car on the track for a couple of laps.

If you spend something like $200 or $500, you can get a ride in one of the cars at some undgodly speed.

My brother manages the hotel that's next to the track - all of the racers stay there. It's a Nascar fan's dream.

My brother is always getting pit passes and hanging out with them - he'll call me and rattle of names of various drivers "So and so is wondering where you are, Matt!". Back at the hotel, they'll get behind the desk and wait on guests. Sounds like a blast.

·
Major Mag Nut
2,011 Posts
Dude, you are hooked. I've been to a few NASCAR races and the excitement is just in the air.
For Father's Day last year my wife hooked me up for a NASCAR driving school and it was awesome.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.